Photos, let's see 'em

p1kms9O.jpg

Long before I got the guitar bug, I've had a strong addiction to sound systems. Never got into high end audio due to cost, so I opted for more blue collar affordable options that while relatively easy on the budget, still offered up some very decent and pleasing sound outputs. For roughly 20 years I had a big love affair with Yamaha audio products starting with smaller amps and speakers but soon branched into more in depth pieces of equipment that culminated in a full digital sound field processing system (DSP1 if I recall) with 7 Mission loudspeakers for surround effect. All that hardware and various a/v components soon made for a cabling/wiring octopus style nightmare and when we moved into a new home, I visited my old audio store pal and upgraded (bear in mind this was 30 years ago) to an NAD T753 receiver and NAD CD player and DVD (I retained my original Yamaha YPD6 turntable) and gave up the surround bug and went with a pair of Monitor Audio G20 loudspeakers. All the surround system ended up in the basement theater to go with the Knoll overhead video projector (again "old stuff" by todays standards) and another NAD A/V amp to replace the (very) old 610 Yamaha. Long story short, I'm very happy with the current living room setup, and it will easily wake up the neighbors if I want to damage my hearing some more. It does a commendable job on classical music, and is just killer on my Bonamassa and other remastered vinyl records, and CDs of most any musical nature. It isn't really much, but like my other music equipment, works for me without dropping a ton of coin and isn't imposing with the room layout. Forgive my wife's Christmas adornment, but the sword stays there year round LOL
20211130_063917.jpg

Long before I got the guitar bug, I've had a strong addiction to sound systems. Never got into high end audio due to cost, so I opted for more blue collar affordable options that while relatively easy on the budget, still offered up some very decent and pleasing sound outputs. For roughly 20 years I had a big love affair with Yamaha audio products starting with smaller amps and speakers but soon branched into more in depth pieces of equipment that culminated in a full digital sound field processing system (DSP1 if I recall) with 7 Mission loudspeakers for surround effect. All that hardware and various a/v components soon made for a cabling/wiring octopus style nightmare and when we moved into a new home, I visited my old audio store pal and upgraded (bear in mind this was 30 years ago) to an NAD T753 receiver and NAD CD player and DVD (I retained my original Yamaha YPD6 turntable) and gave up the surround bug and went with a pair of Monitor Audio G20 loudspeakers. All the surround system ended up in the basement theater to go with the Knoll overhead video projector (again "old stuff" by todays standards) and another NAD A/V amp to replace the (very) old 610 Yamaha. Long story short, I'm very happy with the current living room setup, and it will easily wake up the neighbors if I want to damage my hearing some more. It does a commendable job on classical music, and is just killer on my Bonamassa and other remastered vinyl records, and CDs of most any musical nature. It isn't really much, but like my other music equipment, works for me without dropping a ton of coin and isn't imposing with the room layout. Forgive my wife's Christmas adornment, but the sword stays there year round LOL
20211130_063917.jpg
Old school man! I use my Realistic Receiver and Realistic speakers (matching system!) from 1979 to this day! Quite a bit lower cost than your system though.

In a previous life, I was a commercial pilot. Flew lots of single piston fixed wing in and out of bush camps. Lots of right seat piston twin (Navajo 310, Cessna 421) crew changes, and the occasional stint in a BE90 and BE100 (King Air). And I owned and flew my own C-172 privately for fun and took friends sightseeing, aerial photographing etc. Over and above my love for travel on motorcycles for the last half 40 years, I finally put my Honda RC51 on the race track almost 10 years ago. It hasn't seen the street since that first day. Now it's a fully prepped race bike and I've been fortunate enough to spend quite a bit of time on some pretty good tracks. My wish would be to ride at Laguna Seca and COTA at least once before I'm too old to run with some of the taller dogs on a world class road course. Our local race club is headed to Laguna twice this coming season so we'll see.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqfna3lutxmqtng/IMG_8590.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/22o8j0pn1...1318627343_8929347150437957500_n (1).jpg?dl=0

Back