Photos, let's see 'em

Same here re: the vaccine. Although I'm a couple years under 65 myself, (a young hipster doofus :oops:) I might be eligible soon because I work in healthcare. At least I've an appointment for the 1st dose, though I might get kicked to the curb though if my work credentials might not be sufficient. The appointment is still several weeks away, but am looking forward to herd immunity like a lot of folks...

Congrats on the weight management. It proves that you can do it. Plz send some of that mojo this way, I'd like to keep my pants size at its current or smaller waistline if possible...

I mainly write and edit, which is fairly solitary even amongst cubicles, so I'm good being near the back of the line. I do a lot of volunteer work with the Red Cross, but I don't know if that changes things.

I took both my parents for their first doses. In Ohio those over 80 were eligible a week before those over 75. Getting the appointment for my dad, who is over 80, was fairly quick and easy. Finding one for my mom, over 75, was more difficult, but she received the first dose yesterday. (She received a text in the morning that vaccines a few slots were available that afternoon).

Thanks for the congrats. I'm simultaneously proud and happy I've lost the weight yet horrified I got as bad as I did. I'm quite literally less than half the man I used to be. And the mojo is being sent. And if it helps, some keys for me include: Healthy diet I could stick to long term with enough variety not to feel in a rut and enough nutrition to have energy (Mediterranean works best for me). Keeping a log. Improving my cooking skills to stop relying on fast and ready-to-eat foods. Identifying bad habits and stopping them, like snacking in front of screens. Moving daily.

Three it is then?! That’s why you have shoulders ;)

Well, I'd need room for an amp.

Following our 2nd Covid vaccination today, my wife and I decided to take a drive in the country. Big Blue River looked especially pretty today. And to top it off, 4 Sandhill cranes flew over my head while I was standing outside the car getting this photo. I didn’t react quickly enough to get them, but I did capture this cool shot of the River.

ke8mynk.jpg

Last edited:
Pignose?

Good that your folks got the jab.
I was thinking a PRS amp, but I've never had a Pignose. When I started playing guitar I looked for one, figuring they'd be readily available in every secondhand shop for a few dollars. That was a surprise.

I mainly write and edit, which is fairly solitary even amongst cubicles, so I'm good being near the back of the line. I do a lot of volunteer work with the Red Cross, but I don't know if that changes things.

I took both my parents for their first doses. In Ohio those over 80 were eligible a week before those over 75. Getting the appointment for my dad, who is over 80, was fairly quick and easy. Finding one for my mom, over 75, was more difficult, but she received the first dose yesterday. (She received a text in the morning that vaccines a few slots were available that afternoon).

Thanks for the congrats. I'm simultaneously proud and happy I've lost the weight yet horrified I got as bad as I did. I'm quite literally less than half the man I used to be. And the mojo is being sent. And if it helps, some keys for me include: Healthy diet I could stick to long term with enough variety not to feel in a rut and enough nutrition to have energy (Mediterranean works best for me). Keeping a log. Improving my cooking skills to stop relying on fast and ready-to-eat foods. Identifying bad habits and stopping them, like snacking in front of screens. Moving daily.

Congrats on your parents receiving their vaccines. My Mom (85 this year) is scheduled later this month for her first vaccine. Though under 65 myself, I think my healthcare worker job allows me to receive the vaccine in March. Will need to provide proof of employment in healthcare, am sure.

If perhaps you feel up to it, plz post your weight loss journey in a separate post. My personal weight has gained too much over the past several months, and I need to consider a diet that works, as well as a regular low-impact exercise regimen. The Mediterranean diet sounds familiar, but I personally don't know enough about it to make it work. Any help would be appreciated.

I've got a calorie/exercise counting app on my phone I use religiously. Keeps me from overdoing it and tells me when I need to decrease intake or increase output. I usually cook from scratch and seldom use processed foods, save for cereals, bread, or pasta. These carb groups are the only processed foods I will eat. Most everything else is homemade. Only snacks are perhaps an English muffin/butter/jam or slice of pie. These are my only guilty pleasures, other than a beer or half glass of wine.

Following our 2nd Covid vaccination today, my wife and I decided to take a drive in the country. Big Blue River looked especially pretty today. And to top it off, 4 Sandhill cranes flew over my head while I was standing outside the car getting this photo. I didn’t react quickly enough to get them, but I did capture this cool shot of the River.

ke8mynk.jpg

Beautiful shot Steve, love the reflections on the trees and the perspective is gorgeous!

Congrats on your parents receiving their vaccines. My Mom (85 this year) is scheduled later this month for her first vaccine. Though under 65 myself, I think my healthcare worker job allows me to receive the vaccine in March. Will need to provide proof of employment in healthcare, am sure.

If perhaps you feel up to it, plz post your weight loss journey in a separate post. My personal weight has gained too much over the past several months, and I need to consider a diet that works, as well as a regular low-impact exercise regimen. The Mediterranean diet sounds familiar, but I personally don't know enough about it to make it work. Any help would be appreciated.

I've got a calorie/exercise counting app on my phone I use religiously. Keeps me from overdoing it and tells me when I need to decrease intake or increase output. I usually cook from scratch and seldom use processed foods, save for cereals, bread, or pasta. These carb groups are the only processed foods I will eat. Most everything else is homemade. Only snacks are perhaps an English muffin/butter/jam or slice of pie. These are my only guilty pleasures, other than a beer or half glass of wine.

Thanks. I'll put something together and post it in the next couple of days. Hope it'll be of use. As a spoiler, though, cold cereal, white bread, and pasta all turned out to be problems for me. I believe it's from the body quickly converting them to blood sugar, later causing a crash. Then I crave more and start a cycle. Of course, many are perfectly fine with those foods. Logging helped me figure this out, but I'll put it in the post.

That looks like a ton of work waiting to happen.

oh my hell thanks for understanding. i show this to my distant friends and relatives and they only comment on the mannequins. i think you have to ‘see problems’ like the bike sticker says.

that’s a live tsunami siren we just lucked into, but it does go off about daily so far.

oh my hell thanks for understanding. i show this to my distant friends and relatives and they only comment on the mannequins. i think you have to ‘see problems’ like the bike sticker says.

that’s a live tsunami siren we just lucked into, but it does go off about daily so far.

Yikes

Back