Photos, let's see 'em

The remnants of hurricane Zeta bowled through north Georgia yesterday morning. God was looking out for my family, as my shed saved my house and possibly my wife and son from who knows what:

1029201156_HDR-XL.jpg

The shed's a total loss, but my house luckily only has a few damaged shingles and no penetration through the roof.
I'm not looking for sympathy, just sharing an adventure. Lot's of folks in our area (and all over the south) weren't as lucky as we were.

The remnants of hurricane Zeta bowled through north Georgia yesterday morning. God was looking out for my family, as my shed saved my house and possibly my wife and son from who knows what:

1029201156_HDR-XL.jpg

The shed's a total loss, but my house luckily only has a few damaged shingles and no penetration through the roof.
I'm not looking for sympathy, just sharing an adventure. Lot's of folks in our area (and all over the south) weren't as lucky as we were.

Lucky escape! Not for the shed, but your families safety is the most important.

If I lived near you, I’d be over with the toolbox and we’d fix that right up!

Today, Oct 30, 2020, is only the 6th time in Connecticut history where the first snow of the season arrived in October. Previous accumulations were anywhere from 0.4 inches all the way to 12.8 inches of snow. It's actually coming down at a fair clip just now and is supposed to taper off later this afternoon about 4 or 5 PM. No time for snowmen, snow forts, or snowballs. Time to tweak my HeadRush Gigboard for optimum settings and some practice, after a nice bowl of soup and crackers...

SF6pKGw.jpg

1029201156_HDR-XL.jpg

Glad you dodged a close one!

1029201156_HDR-XL.jpg

Yikes! A little too close for comfort. Have at that tree with chainsaw today and you'll have a rockin' Halloween with the neighborhood kids tomorrow...

1029201156_HDR-XL.jpg

Looks like the little guy made the ultimate sacrifice for the good of the family. RIP!

OMG, you've got scientific weight scales. My Dad had a set of smaller scales used for his pharmacy work. What did (or would) you have used your scales for?

This is St Marys, the church my girlfriend attends. I have photographed it over the years. Its odd because it sits within the walls of a medieval castle.
It was built in the 1120s by the Normans (the castle is much older).

k5EzUBm.jpg

We6RrtD.jpg

fLjbyUY.jpg

Yew trees are found next to nearly all old churches in England

yyviMvS.jpg

this last one is not my photo. I include it just to show the situation. Its taken from atop the castle's keep.

9734211683_a125ee467f_b.jpg

122818485_10225273968419433_1099248012930361000_n.jpg

I don't think I posted this one here yet... it's from a week or so ago, when I was riding my scooter around the south shore. It's from Waimanalo, HI.

Mrs. Squid and I have very fond hopes of visiting Hawaii again one day. That'll taste like freedom.

Back