Photos, let's see 'em

So this happened the other day, still trying to get used to it and decide how much I dig it, but a lot of fun so far.

Also a lot bigger than I thought it would be, compared to the Dallas...

HfW67Ug.jpg

Mercy! Did you add the vignette in post or is that from your lens? If the former, I'd love to see the full image. That's spectacular. 16mm?

TBH, these were not my images, but something scored from the interwebz. It's one of my most revered images that has a place in my room decor as a wall photo. IIRC, these two images below are unedited by my hands, but the original photographers likely have added filters and vignettes. Here's 2 full size computer monitor-friendly ones...the top image IIRC is off SoCal, the bottom image from Croatia facing the Adriatic Sea.

If perhaps this is considered cheating because they are not my photos, I didn't see any rules listed that posted photos had to be your own. Just call it a desire to share something nice that might make someone else's day go better...

A8sum2J.jpg

VComTvQ.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, it's been a crazy week...

I got a call from the local music shop that my daughter and I take lessons at. The owner is a lefty as well, and I've bought his old guitars in the past, and used them as projects. I dig taking them apart, stripping them down, and refinishing them to be something that as a lefty I don't usually get the chance to get my hands on.

Anywho, the call went like this:

*ring, ring
Doug (D): Hey guys, this is Doug, do we need to reschedule this weeks' lessons or something?
Mike's Music (MM): Nope, Mike actually asked us to give you a ring. We know you've been interested in used leftys, and thought you might want to know about something
D: Ugh, thanks for the call, but it's bad timing, I just bought an Ox Box AND pre-ordered a Silver Sky.
MM: Well, we have an idea what you dig, and thought you might want to see this anyway
D: I don't want to know, b/c I'm also about 2 months away from taking delivery of a PRS PS @ Experience 2020
MM: Interesting that you mention PRS...
D: Don't say it, I'm trying to be good here, and you guys aren't helping
MM: I mean, you're going to see it anyway when you come in for your lesson
D: I don't think you get me, if I know I won't be able to wait that long.
MM: Uh huh, no pressure, if you're not interested that's cool.
D: Again, that's not the problem. I know me. As me, it's better that you not tell me, so I can resist. "Me" is weak, and loves guitars. "Me" is saying it's best if I don't know at all. So please don't tell me what it is.
Also Me:

PmR9Qo5.jpg

So, whaddya' think? Can I get that Trampas guy to sign it for me @ PRS Exp 2020? :D

I got a call from the local music shop that my daughter and I take lessons at. The owner is a lefty as well, and I've bought his old guitars in the past, and used them as projects. I dig taking them apart, stripping them down, and refinishing them to be something that as a lefty I don't usually get the chance to get my hands on.

*ring, ring
Doug (D): Hey guys, this is Doug, do we need to reschedule this weeks' lessons or something?
Mike's Music (MM): Nope, Mike actually asked us to give you a ring. We know you've been interested in used leftys, and thought you might want to know about something
D: Ugh, thanks for the call, but it's bad timing, I just bought an Ox Box AND pre-ordered a Silver Sky.
MM: Well, we have an idea what you dig, and thought you might want to see this anyway
D: I don't want to know, b/c I'm also about 2 months away from taking delivery of a PRS PS @ Experience 2020
D: Again, that's not the problem. I know me. As me, it's better that you not tell me, so I can resist. "Me" is weak, and loves guitars. "Me" is saying it's best if I don't know at all. So please don't tell me what it is.
Also Me:

PmR9Qo5.jpg

So, whaddya' think? Can I get that Trampas guy to sign it for me @ PRS Exp 2020? :D

Very nice Doug, congratulations!

That fretboard is b!tchin!

Very nice Doug, congratulations!

That fretboard is b!tchin!

Thanks! I'd like to say that's what swayed me, but TBH I travel a bunch for work, and really used that as an excuse to buy it. I'll never drag my Core custom 24 through airports, but I will this one!

*ring, ring
Also Me:

PmR9Qo5.jpg

Atta boy! I’m struggling to keep my wallet in my pocket until Exp.

Just had some sweet sunshine poke through the clouds and give us a nice rainbow. I couldn't decide which of these to post so you get all three.

i-mkdDmTZ-X5.jpg

i-LKxPTwd-X5.jpg

And if you ever wanted definitive proof the there's no gold at the end of the rainbow, here ya go.

i-KZnwLNC-X5.jpg
I like the first one. I've never seen the second rainbow start forming so close to the first before.

Just had some sweet sunshine poke through the clouds and give us a nice rainbow. I couldn't decide which of these to post so you get all three.

i-mkdDmTZ-X5.jpg

And if you ever wanted definitive proof the there's no gold at the end of the rainbow, here ya go.

Is that the town church in the background? Is it historic?

Is that the town church in the background? Is it historic?

Yessir, it is a regional church for Catholics. The castle ruin behind the rainbow is also historic.

The church was originally a castle that became a benedictine abbey in 1127. The castle, rebuilt in 1260, was badly damaged during the 30-Years-War and in the war of Palatine Succession. It was finished-off in the 1790's by French Revolutionary troops.

Yessir, it is a regional church for Catholics. The castle ruin behind the rainbow is also historic.

The church was originally a castle that became a benedictine abbey in 1127. The castle, rebuilt in 1260, was badly damaged during the 30-Years-War and in the war of Palatine Succession. It was finished-off in the 1790's by French Revolutionary troops.

Damn!

That’s some cool sh!t. I love history.

Back