Photos, let's see 'em

MzjQtez.jpg

I've Got Big Balls - Angus Mckinnon Young / Malcolm Mitchell Young / Ronald Belford Scott

You’ve got the biggest ball of them all:D

How about a castle or two?

When I can :D

The B&W photo contains the DC Thompson building (centre) the company responsible for the Beano comic (Dennis the Menace and Minnie the Minx).

To the extreme right the is the Dundee High School (private school), behind that is Abertay University.

Along the road that is left centre, lies The Howff, a cemetery that dates back to 1564. The land was granted to the people of Dundee as a burial ground by Mary Queen of Scots.

The wee fella with the bucket is Oor Wullie, a beloved comic character.

The sunrise was my street this morning. We had a similar sky this evening. It wasn’t quite a Nebula, but it wasn’t far off. There was pink and blue, just very little gold.

Last edited:
The worst poem ever written (allegedly!!) was by William Topaz McGonagall - The Tay Bridge Disaster. Unfortunately the disaster itself was a terrible thing, costing the lives of 70 people on a train which was crossing the bridge at the time it collapsed in a storm. Turned out that the bridge had not been designed to withstand the fierce storms common up the east coast of Scotland. My father - we're from Glasgow originally - lived the last half of his life in Fraserburgh which is a small fishing community farther up that east coast. I visited from time to time and let me say that I have never known winds like I felt and saw and heard up there, even though I have lived and worked all round the world.

Back