Photos, let's see 'em

12/01 - 12/02 2019 First Snow:

h00zMSx.jpg

We have a family tradition of serving Chincoteague oysters every Thanksgiving (after all, we live on the Chesapeake Bay). I'm not much of a cook, but every I'm put in charge of frying the oysters. Just some flour, egg wash and bread crumbs.
Dip 'em in some cocktail sauce and you have yourself a mighty fine treat!

View attachment 7806

Shawn, you're my hero. Only fried shellfish we have locally is the cardboard carton Gorton's Fisherman kind. THOSE look absolutely delicious. (A little tartar sauce, and I'm good.)

Shawn, you're my hero. Only fried shellfish we have locally is the cardboard carton Gorton's Fisherman kind. THOSE look absolutely delicious. (A little tartar sauce, and I'm good.)

I sent the photo to a friend of mine who is a chef. He replied "What is that?" LOL Maybe I'm not as good as I thought I was.

I sent the photo to a friend of mine who is a chef. He replied "What is that?" LOL Maybe I'm not as good as I thought I was.

"Um...Lumpy bits?"

Ahb-viously not a chef from Maryland, who would have known what you had fried....heck, even a Louisiana chef could have guessed and would have been 50% correct.

They're fried....um...yeah." LOL.

Last edited:
We have a family tradition of serving Chincoteague oysters every Thanksgiving (after all, we live on the Chesapeake Bay). I'm not much of a cook, but every I'm put in charge of frying the oysters. Just some flour, egg wash and bread crumbs.
Dip 'em in some cocktail sauce and you have yourself a mighty fine treat!

View attachment 7806

You REALLY need to order some of this to go with those (or with shrimp). If you favor hot stuff, there's enough horseradish in here to really clean out those sinuses. Plus, it'll make your eyeballs explode!

http://www.retail.stelmos.com/products/cocktail-sauce/

Any New Englander worth their salt would've guessed "fried clams". (Not all that different)

Except we served the on a toasted buttered hotdog roll, w/some tartar sauce. (That's pronounced Tah-tah)

You REALLY need to order some of this to go with those (or with shrimp). If you favor hot stuff, there's enough horseradish in here to really clean out those sinuses. Plus, it'll make your eyeballs explode!

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Besides, exploding eyeballs are all the rage. :eek:

Those look fantastic, @Shawn@PRS ! Will you have a booth at Exp 2020? Please say yes...

When I read the web address, I was thinking it was a Greek condiment stelmos !

Of course it made sense when I opened up the page:rolleyes:

This was probably the only South Park episode ive laughed at.

Find "Scott Tenorman Must Die". The payoff at the end is wonderful. If I happen to see that it's on TV, I watch it. I own the DVD, and I sit and watch it anyway.

Back