Photos, let's see 'em

Short vacation this weekend. In non-Experience years, we go to a ski resort out in the midst of nowhere - very nice to mostly unplug and just plain relax. It's a few days of hikes, hot tubs, saunas, burritos at a little hole-in-the-wall place we found on our first trip. Well, usually it's multiple burritos - this year, the place was unexpectedly closed on Sunday, so we had to try something new - very good pizza place. But I missed that burrito.

The deer aren't exactly afraid of humans...

deer.jpg

deer2.jpg

One of the things we like the most is taking the ski lift to the top of the mountain. Great views up there, a few trails, and last trip we found a hang gliding takeoff with a spectacular view.

This time, the lift was closed for inspection. Oh, I heard about that because we had to put the trip off to this weekend in part because I had hockey tickets last weekend. So, instead of my picture on top of the mountain, I had to settle for the field below the lodge.

nomountain.jpg

And that pizza place? I'm afraid I'm going to have to sue them for posting a sign with my life philosophy...

lifesign.jpg

On our way back to the lodge after pizza Sunday, I noticed some great colors in the sky during sunset. We passed a couple ponds, and I turned around to catch this shot (and several more just like it).

sunset.jpg

Nelson's Column (Trafalgar Square, London).
IMG3875.jpeg

A few quick pics of pictures in the nearby National Gallery - all taken by me with my iPhone.

I'm not even saying what this is... but it's here if you really dont know.
IMG3862.jpeg

Close up of the tiger in Surprised! by Henri Rousseau
IMG3853x.jpeg

Part view of Men of the Docks by George Bellows (this and Stubb's Whistlejacket are two of my faves in the gallery).
IMG2228.jpeg

Nelson's Column (Trafalgar Square, London).
IMG3875.jpeg

A few quick pics of pictures in the nearby National Gallery - all taken by me with my iPhone.

I'm not even saying what this is... but it's here if you really dont know.
IMG3862.jpeg

Close up of the tiger in Surprised! by Henri Rousseau
IMG3853x.jpeg

Part view of Men of the Docks by George Bellows (this and Stubb's Whistlejacket are two of my faves in the gallery).
IMG2228.jpeg

This brings back childhood memories, of being taken round the National Gallery by my Dad, who’s a professional artist.

Great shot of Nelson's Column. I didn't get to spend time in Trafalgar Square when I was there, but I plan to rectify that if I ever get back there.

Years ago I was in London. I thought it would be funny to stand at the bottom of Parliament tower and stare up at the Big Ben clock, to see how many people would stand nearby and try to see what I was looking at.

It was night time and several people did. It was quite amusing (to me). My partner at the time didn’t seem to think so and got really embarrassed!

Small things!

Well I'm back from Korea. Didn't get to post anything while I was there, but here are some of the highlights. First, the obligatory food photo: $17 and no tipping!

Seoul is a cool place. For the first half we stayed at my wife's folks apartment. They live right next to Lotte Tower (on the right), at the heart of the city's shopping. Yes, I bought clothes - everything there fits me perfect!

We also took a few days to spend at Jeju Island, Korea's favorite getaway spot. Only an hour flight. A beautiful place.

Lot's of hills all around the island. They make for popular spots at sunset.

Seemed like the right lighting for a couple pics of my sweetie.

Koreans are an active outdoors bunch. Lot's of walking and hiking trails, many of them with thick mats lining the trails. Miles (sorry kilometers) of them! Not just comfy to walk on, but so quiet. The most peaceful walk through the woods I think I've ever had.

My mother-in-law's friend has a guest house in the countryside outside of Seoul.

Chasing the light back west to the city.

So, there's a brief glimpse of our trip!

Well I'm back from Korea. Didn't get to post anything while I was there, but here are some of the highlights. First, the obligatory food photo: $17 and no tipping!

Seoul is a cool place. For the first half we stayed at my wife's folks apartment. They live right next to Lotte Tower (on the right), at the heart of the city's shopping. Yes, I bought clothes - everything there fits me perfect!

We also took a few days to spend at Jeju Island, Korea's favorite getaway spot. Only an hour flight. A beautiful place.

Koreans are an active outdoors bunch. Lot's of walking and hiking trails, many of them with thick mats lining the trails. Miles (sorry kilometers) of them! Not just comfy to walk on, but so quiet. The most peaceful walk through the woods I think I've ever had.

My mother-in-law's friend has a guest house in the countryside outside of Seoul.

Now that looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful!

Back