Photos, let's see 'em

61684819_1577005249096108_509426540219973902_n.jpg

where you, by any chance, on stakeout when shooting this?

This old house from the 1700's was recently picked up, hauled through town, put on a barge and taken up the bay to a new location where it will be refurbished. This made national news. While they were hauling through Easton, MD, my wife and I went to go see it. Check out the video below. Seeing the house on the barge is a trip

https://binged.it/2of1Hze

house.jpg

This old house from the 1700's was recently picked up, hauled through town, put on a barge and taken up the bay to a new location where it will be refurbished. This made national news. While they were hauling through Easton, MD, my wife and I went to go see it. Check out the video below. Seeing the house on the barge is a trip

View attachment 7675

I guess you CAN take it with you:p

I'll bet it was.
There's a tradition of moving timber built houses like this in Australia (no I dont live there). Unlike your example though, they kind of build them that way in anticipation. Great if you have noisy neighbours.

Here's another one for you history buffs.

The USS Sequoia was built in 1925 as a personal yacht for the Cadwalader family. In 1931 the US government purchased the boat and used it to patrol the Chesapeake Bay for bootleggers during prohibition. During this time, President Herbert Hoover began using the yacht for his personal use and then 1933, it became the official Presidential Yacht under Franklin Roosevelt. The yacht stayed in use through the Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford and Carter administrations until in 1977, it was sold to a private owner due to the high cost of yearly maintenance. The boat is in disrepair and has been in drydock in Virginia for the last several years. It was recently loaded onto a barge and brought to Cambridge Maryland, which has the only other deep water harbor in the Chesapeake Bay other than Baltimore Harbor. From there the yacht will be loaded onto a seagoing barge and taken to a restoration facility. The project is scheduled to take several years to complete.

boat1.jpg
boat2.jpg

Here's a couple, from a recent family leaf-peeping tour in the western hills of Connecticut in Barkhamstead, and the Talcott Mountain Ridge line that is home to Heublein (Hy-bline) Tower. The tower, IIRC, is about 165 feet tall, to give you perspective of view. We pulled off the road for these images, and I chose my locations carefully so as to avoid obstructions of view. Needless to say, it's still a bit early for fall foliage with this recent spell of warm weather...

d8tobSC.jpg

MLlgPII.jpg

Last edited:
Neat shots of the yacht, house moving, etc...Amazing with the house being brick.
We saw them moving the Hatteras Lighthouse a few years back...That was very cool, too.

But the spider...blech...Great pics, just not a fan, AT ALL !!!!...
every orifice of my being puckered up a little with that last pic.

Back