Photos, let's see 'em

Took a ride on the Staten Island Ferry this weekend...

Downtown
i5jDFLA.jpg

Lady Liberty
wBtBfVX.jpg

I like this one with the cloud "V"
lqwy2EI.jpg

Vacation time! Up to see my sister and her family in North Ogden, Utah.
We decided to stay off the interstates and take our time.
Here are a few shots with comments.

Fish Lake. Taken at the road summit at about 9800 feet, the lake sits at about 8700 feet. The Aspen groves hadn't started turning yellow yet.
KiUd9jH.jpg

Same day, Capitol Reef, not really that far away.
lS7MEPO.jpg

PWwD5mo.jpg

Next day, taking the Alpine Loop above Sundance, just outside of Provo.
Ll3UpUH.jpg

On the way back across the northern part of the Grand Canyon we had lunch at Lees Ferry (AZ)
KGtLOK8.jpg

and stopped by Wuputki before the night at Flagstaff. Housing around 1000 AD
ckr3m7H.jpg

Fish Lake. Taken at the road summit at about 9800 feet, the lake sits at about 8700 feet. The Aspen groves hadn't started turning yellow yet.
KiUd9jH.jpg

lS7MEPO.jpg

PWwD5mo.jpg

Ll3UpUH.jpg

On the way back across the northern part of the Grand Canyon we had lunch at Lees Ferry (AZ)
KGtLOK8.jpg

ckr3m7H.jpg
Absolutely beautiful! We made the southern trek in that area late last year with a jaunt north to Capitol Reef. Stunning scenery and some of the best roads in America.

Absolutely beautiful! We made the southern trek in that area late last year with a jaunt north to Capitol Reef. Stunning scenery and some of the best roads in America.
Wallace Stegner once wrote that the west is defined by the space in between things. I suppose that is why they generally take good care of those two lane roads out in the middle of nowhere.

KiUd9jH.jpg

lS7MEPO.jpg

PWwD5mo.jpg

Ll3UpUH.jpg

KGtLOK8.jpg

ckr3m7H.jpg

The thing I miss most about touring is gazing out the window and seeing what a beautiful planet we live on.

The thing I miss most about touring is gazing out the window and seeing what a beautiful planet we live on.

It truly is. Maybe if more people would actually take the backroads they'd care more about our environment and save what we have left. And not to get political, but I will forever be grateful to Theodore Roosevelt for his role in creating the National Park system to preserve our natural wonders for future generations.

Back