Photos, let's see 'em

It gets my lazy butt out and exercising....

THIS! I go to the Y every morning and lift, but I don't do enough cardio. Now I will. In spite of the battery assist, I still have to pedal, and I set the boost on a mid-range so I have to work. I break a sweat.

And, I like the front fork. I am keeping it "open."

Last edited:
Not long after my trip to the west in July, I went east to watch some World Cup racing.
I didn't have a lot of space to take stuff, but managed to find room for a Brompton. This was near the beginning of the Whale Route on the north shore of the St Lawrence River.
CK_3435BromptonOnRocks.JPG

We got home just in time for the peaches in the back yard.
CK_3452BackyardPeachs.JPG

I take a lot of sunrise photos. This is my backyard at dawn.
CK_3621BackyardSunriseAAA.JPG

First time so remember seeing someone ride a Brompton was in London. The guy stepped out of the Underground (subway), opened a bag, assembled it and rode off!

THIS!

And, I like the front fork. I am keeping it open.
By open, do you mean most bouncy? or softest?
That is a reasonable way to start, but try the other settings depending on the surface you are riding on. For example, firm on smooth pavement. I usually only use the full soft if I'm bouncing over curb sized stuff. You might find you like the ride better. Mrs usually uses the middle on smooth road and soft with anything bumpy.

By open, do you mean most bouncy? or softest?
That is a reasonable way to start, but try the other settings depending on the surface you are riding on. For example, firm on smooth pavement. I usually only use the full soft if I'm bouncing over curb sized stuff. You might find you like the ride better. Mrs usually uses the middle on smooth road and soft with anything bumpy.

I meant "not locked." I have it on default which is the middle setting. I'm riding 95% on pavement and don't find it too bouncy. I'll experiment a bit as I get more riding in.

First time so remember seeing someone ride a Brompton was in London. The guy stepped out of the Underground (subway), opened a bag, assembled it and rode off!
They are a brilliant bit of engineering. I have a soft bag I take in my car and a hard bag to fly with. The hard bag is about 2/3 of my wife's suitcase, which isn't huge. It takes me about 90 seconds to get the bike ready to ride and less than 2 minutes to get it back in the bag.
This is the folder size in my hotel room.
CK_3417BromptonInRoom.JPG

They are a brilliant bit of engineering. I have a soft bag I take in my car and a hard bag to fly with. The hard bag is about 2/3 of my wife's suitcase, which isn't huge. It takes me about 90 seconds to get the bike ready to ride and less than 2 minutes to get it back in the bag.

Weight?

Thirsty work though!;)

I was home for a couple of weeks when my daughter's ride companions for the Golden Triangle fell through, so I decided to fly out, do some riding, and tasting of various beverages.
Some people do the ride in a day, but they are just silly. We opted for a civilized 3 day trip.
Day 1 was Castle Junction, Alberta to Golden, BC.
Castle Mountain and my bigger travel bike.
CK_3481WilierAtCastleJunction.JPG

An early climb got my heart rate up to 179, so I didn't mind a forced rest stop.
CK_3483TrainCrossing.JPG

The National parks like you coming by.
CK_3484LeavingPark.JPG

oops. Server error so continuing in a new post.
Before we started, my daughter noticed the Emerald Lake was only 11km off our route with an extra 200m of climbing. What the heck.
The detour took us by a Natural Bridge. The Kicking Horse River is carving its way through the rock.
CK_52NaturalBridge.JPG

The climb to the lake wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. It never got really steep and was well worth the effort
CK_3489EmeraldLake.JPG

Day 3 was to be the big climb day, crossing back over the divide from Radium. The weather did not cooperate, so it was a test of wills. Still, some interesting views.
This is hwy 93 out of Radium. One of the nicest roads anywhere to travel at a leisurely pace.
CK_8404RadiumRockRoad.JPG

The Kootenay River way down there. Layers of clouds everywhere else. It was spooky when these crossed the highway.
CK_3571KootenayCloudLayersAAA.JPG

This was interesting to me after miles of forest fire devastation. Something caused the fire to stop half way across this mountain.
CK_3589FireStopsHere.JPG

Back