Photos, let's see 'em

kinzuahellosailor.jpg

Hollywood glamour pose.

Last edited:
Kinzua Bridge State Park. The Kinzua Skywalk, formerly the Kinzua Viaduct. At one point, the highest and longest railroad bridge in the world. Built in 1882 in 94 days, it was originally wrought iron. Rebuilt in place out of steel in 1900 to allow to carry heavier trains. Restoration of the bridge started in 2002, bur an F1 tornado struck the bridge in 2003 and tore out the middle. It was then converted to the skywalk,

kinzua00.jpg

kinzua02.jpg

kinzua05.jpg

There's a glass floor out by the end.

kinzuaglassfloor.jpg

But you can also look between the railroad ties.

kinzuaties.jpg

Some people, like my wife, are too nervous to walk on the glass floor and look down. Others., well...

kinzuahellosailor.jpg

But they're also the kind of people who look over the side.

kinzuaside1.jpg

kinzuaside2.jpg
Love these photos! One of my fave threads:)

And what adventures have you been on lately?

I did finally get out for a longer ride. No regrets buying this Ebike; it’s a lot of fun. Still plenty of exercise, but I don’t kill myself on long hills.
I appreciate the advice you offered me, Dave, when I was doing my research. I feel I bought the right bike for me, a ‘20 Giant Explore E+.

I did finally get out for a longer ride. No regrets buying this Ebike; it’s a lot of fun. Still plenty of exercise, but I don’t kill myself on long hills.
I appreciate the advice you offered me, Dave, when I was doing my research. I feel I bought the right bike for me, a ‘20 Giant Explore E+.

That's a dayum fine lookin' ride bud!
I was extremely happy to offer the modicum of experience I have in the matter my good man.
Getting my ebike was one of my best acquisitions in years. It gets my lazy butt out and exercising, going to the store etc multiple times a week. I love it!
How are you enjoying the front fork? Are you leaving it open, or locking it out?

Go get 'em 11.

Not long after my trip to the west in July, I went east to watch some World Cup racing.
I didn't have a lot of space to take stuff, but managed to find room for a Brompton. This was near the beginning of the Whale Route on the north shore of the St Lawrence River.
CK_3435BromptonOnRocks.JPG

We got home just in time for the peaches in the back yard.
CK_3452BackyardPeachs.JPG

I take a lot of sunrise photos. This is my backyard at dawn.
CK_3621BackyardSunriseAAA.JPG

Back