Photos, let's see 'em

Shot these on my afternoon stroll along the Portchester shore path today. The church (door) is inside the castle grounds.

VGvwny1.jpg
VGvwny1.jpg

hr60kdr.jpg

uDJN0EM.jpg

LsLWAGr.jpg
Love the Norman zig-zag doorway arch - 900 years old.

Ok our weather's rubbish but we have some history. Photos at the bottom shows the museum has a sense of humour too - my favourite was the picture of astronomer Sir Patrick Moore dressed up as a wizard. Even the museum wasn’t sure why he did this.

CanonA95639.jpg

CanonA95641.jpg

IMG2595.png

IMG2308.jpg

IMG2324.jpg

Last edited:
Ok our weather's rubbish but we have some history. Photos at the bottom shows the museum has a sense of humour too - my favourite was the picture of astronomer Sir Patrick Moore dressed up as a wizard. Even the museum wasn’t sure why he did this.

CanonA95639.jpg

CanonA95641.jpg

IMG2595.png

IMG2308.jpg

IMG2324.jpg

Sir Patrick always had a great sense of humour and wasn’t afraid to poke fun at himself.

CanonA95639.jpg

I visited Stonehenge a few years ago and I was hoping to find an 18" foam replica of the stones in the gift shop, but no such luck. :)

I visited Stonehenge a few years ago and I was hoping to find an 18" foam replica of the stones in the gift shop, but no such luck. :)

The museum did have one of their trilithon-shapped discs on display, sadly not for sale though. Bottom middle of the picture just above Sir Patrick in his wizzard's garb.

Back