Photos, let's see 'em

As I feared, my DSLR has sat doing nothing for damn near a year. I bought it with the intention of truly learning to use it, but I’ll be damned if I have the time. I’m half tempted to sell it until I’m no longer in a band. Maybe I could trade it for an MT-15.

The local flora

CROP.jpg

I took my 6 year old granddaughter fishing for her first time last night. She was really good at setting the hook and pulling them in, but she didn't want ANYTHING to do with night crawlers or handling the fish. Those tasks fell to Pappa. She pulled in 7 bluegill (#1 is pictured). She was quick to point out to everyone who would listen that Pappa didn't catch any fish (which was at least partially due to the fact that I didn't have a line in the water, but didn't matter to her and was NOT a fact included in her story). :)

No animals (human or otherwise) were hurt or killed in this incident. A minor miracle.

I took my 6 year old granddaughter fishing for her first time last night. She was really good at setting the hook and pulling them in, but she didn't want ANYTHING to do with night crawlers or handling the fish. Those tasks fell to Pappa. She pulled in 7 bluegill (#1 is pictured). She was quick to point out to everyone who would listen that Pappa didn't catch any fish (which was at least partially due to the fact that I didn't have a line in the water, but didn't matter to her and was NOT a fact included in her story). :)

No animals (human or otherwise) were hurt or killed in this incident. A minor miracle.

That's one of the only experiences that beats a NGD! Great you get to enjoy her first (of many future I'm sure) fishing trips w you. She's hooked now.

Awesome! IMHO, bluegill are some of the most fun fishing you can have. Have you ever tried fly rod fishing for bluegill? My Dad introduced me to it back in the 70's and it's tons of fun!

This guy greeted me at my front door last night. He was the size of a silver dollar (you young guys will have to look that up).

He looked like a "guitar player eating spider."

I just smashed the biggest spider today outside our front door. That bastard shot bug juice at least a foot from where I murdered it.

Back