Photos, let's see 'em

I’ve eaten venison hundreds of times. I’ve eaten it marinated, sautéed, grilled, and fried. I’ve eaten it in spaghetti and made into jerky. It still sucks. And I’ll eat moose, elk, and bison all day long. Those little fawns are safe in my backyard.

I'm with you on that, although I kinda like venison jerky.

Today's task complete...
sp7VA8L.jpg

after:
AVBh0uC.jpg

Tensioner screw for the chain stripped out, so gotta wait for the part to finish cleaning it up.

(No horses were injured in the slaying of this tree)

I’ve been looking at battery chain saws. You ever consider one of those (not that is has anything to do with your chain problem)?

I’ve been looking at battery chain saws. You ever consider one of those (not that is has anything to do with your chain problem)?

I have not...but considering the problems I'm having with this Lowe's cheapie it's time to consider something else. I don't know anything about them...how's the torque?

Just went to Consumer Reports, general consensus with the battery chainsaws is "short run-time per charge and slower speeds make these units strictly for light-duty sawing". Saw (HA...get it??:D) this on more than one review site, including Popular Mechanics. FWIW

Last edited:
I have not...but considering the problems I'm having with this Lowe's cheapie it's time to consider something else. I don't know anything about them...how's the torque?

Just went to Consumer Reports, general consensus with the battery chainsaws is "short run-time per charge and slower speeds make these units strictly for light-duty sawing". Saw (HA...get it??:D) this on more than one review site, including Popular Mechanics. FWIW

Root canal?

Battery chainsaws aren't there YET, but the best right now in a reasonable price range is the Dewalt 60V.

I have a gas powered 14" Echo and a cheapie $80 14" Homelite corded electric I got for backup. I gotta say.... that POS corded Homelite has been a workhorse. I had to take several trees down for a fence, along with other clearing duties, and it has been a champ through that, and also 2 hurricane clean-ups. I think it may be on it's 3rd chain. I don't even touch the Echo anymore. Talk about $80 paying for itself over and over again...

For car nuts, this is Shelby 260 Cobra #CSX2000, the very first Cobra ever built. It was sold at auction in 2016 for a cool $13.75 million. It's on display, along with tons of other Shelby cars and memorabilia, at the Shelby American Museum in Boulder Colorado. To the right of CSX2000 is a Cobra Daytona Coupe and to the left is an original GT40.
Mncj5O1.jpg

Vv5PYcH.jpg

I have two questions for car guys. 1) When did they start putting the 427 engine in the Cobra? 2) I thought a 427 was a Chevy engine and Ford made a 428? 2.1) Why the 427 for the Cobra and not the 428

Back