Photos, let's see 'em

Here are a couple of my shots

Vulcan.jpeg

Avro Vulcan XM607 - A nucelar bomber, designed for Cold War battle, it was never used for that purpose, thank goodness!
It only saw active service in the Falklands war, and wasn't designed to fly that far, so a chain of tankers had to fly with them, refuelling each other, and the Vulcan. The Vulcan pilots were not trained in air to air refuelling, so a Victor pilot had to fly with them to do the refuelling.

@NazgulUK wow really nice work!

The Vulcan was my favourite plane as a kid, the delta wing design was something that fascinated me! I know what a geek!!

Where I grew up, we used to see A10 Tankbusters fly over all the while, practising manoeuvres and the very occasional Blackbird. (And yes Allan/Howie/Steve/Dave etc. I mean the plane!):p

@NazgulUK wow really nice work!

The Vulcan was my favourite plane as a kid, the delta wing design was something that fascinated me! I know what a geek!!

Where I grew up, we used to see A10 Tankbusters fly over all the while, practising manoeuvres and the very occasional Blackbird. (And yes Allan/Howie/Steve/Dave etc. I mean the plane!):p

My Dad worked on the Vulcan when he was in the RAF, there's nothing like the screaming howl of those Olympus engines on high load . . . .

A few from the summer.
Found some new places to sit outside sipping stuff. This is Banjo Cider.
CK_572BanjoFlights.JPG

For course, there could be consequences to tasting too much
CK_623SquirrelBeatOnRail.JPG

It was hot enough this summer that it was a good idea to get outside early.
CK_537BassoAtlasSunrise.JPG

I noticed this behind me about 400m into a 200km Ride to Conquer Cancer
CK_661RTCCMirrorSunrise.JPG

Mmm Peter I like the idea of Banjo Cider, yum!

Mmm Peter I like the idea of Banjo Cider, yum!
It is delicious. They make 7 regulars and a special every couple of months.
They are insistent on using tradition cider apples, which apparently aren't grown much any more. Probably because they aren't pretty. They planted their own orchard, I believe sourced from Wales.

A week or so ago I visited some college friends on Glen Lake in northern Michigan. One of our activities was kayaking the Crystal River, very appropriately named. An interesting thing happened, and something one does not see every day. This River is shallow, and a 2’ northern pike with a fish in its mouth swam under me. Unfortunately, I did not have my phone/camera at ready, but the picture is still imbedded in my mind.

Last edited:
Back