Photos, let's see 'em

Sunset over Green Island on Lake Erie near Port Clinton Ohio last night,

b1UEEdL.jpg

I took this photo about 15 minutes ago in northern Michigan. It has NOT been enhanced. The setting sun is this deep red from the smoke in the air from the US west coast wild fires.

Note: The sun was not an odd shape. My camera did not pick up the cloud just under the setting sun. My point of this photo was the sun’s color which was a deep red.

Last edited:
Today was my final visit to my orthopedic, and I was released following rotator cuff therapy. I was ecstatic when he told me I could ride my bike again for the first time this summer. So this afternoon, I headed out on my normal trail, and behind the trees I could hear the train approaching. It was odd because this normally fast moving train was creeping along, and I raced ahead to beat it to the overhead bridge.

All of the cars behind the engine were odd, and seemed to be carrying hundreds of very long steel rods.

As I stood watching the train for 20 minutes, the cars at the end seemed to change, and had a few men performing some operation. At this point, there appeared to be a a steel band that was not moving as the train passed along it. My initial thought was the train was somehow being pulled by this band since it was not moving, but the train was. :confused:

It was an optical illusion. The train was laying down new rails along the track. Apparently, the men were guiding the very long rails through, and appeared to be joining them. Welding? :confused: The rails were surprisingly flexible, and bent as they were automatically lowered off the back of the last car. I suppose the flexibility makes sense since the rails obviously don’t get laid in a straight line.

It was EXTREMELY interesting to watch!

Last edited:
Today was my final visit to my orthopedic, and I was released following rotator cuff therapy. I was ecstatic when he told me I could ride my bike again for the first time this summer. So this afternoon, I headed out on my normal trail, and behind the trees I could hear the train approaching. It was odd because this normally fast moving train was creeping along, and I raced ahead to beat it to the overhead bridge.

All of the cars behind the engine were odd, and seemed to be carrying hundreds of very long steel rods.

As I stood watching the train for 20 minutes, the cars at the end seemed to change, and had a few men performing some operation. At this point, there appeared to be a a steel band that was not moving as the train passed along it. My initial thought was the train was somehow being pulled by this band since it was not moving, but the train was. :confused:

It was an optical illusion. The train was laying down new rails along the track. Apparently, the men were guiding the very long rails through, and appeared to be joining them. Welding? :confused: The rails were surprisingly flexible, and bent as they were automatically lowered off the back of the last car. I suppose the flexibility makes sense since the rails obviously don’t get laid in a straight line.

It was EXTREMELY interesting to watch!

Love the false perspective of that last shot.

Back