Photos, let's see 'em

This is St Marys, the church my girlfriend attends. I have photographed it over the years. Its odd because it sits within the walls of a medieval castle.
It was built in the 1120s by the Normans (the castle is much older).

@LSchefman will have been present at its inauguration!;)

122818485_10225273968419433_1099248012930361000_n.jpg

I don't think I posted this one here yet... it's from a week or so ago, when I was riding my scooter around the south shore. It's from Waimanalo, HI.

Jealous! We have 4c and mist this morning!

My Daughter lived in Waikiki for years.
It's nice...if you like beaches and hot weather.
If you don't, it's a little slice of Hell.

This is St Marys, the church my girlfriend attends. I have photographed it over the years. Its odd because it sits within the walls of a medieval castle.
It was built in the 1120s by the Normans (the castle is much older).

k5EzUBm.jpg

We6RrtD.jpg

fLjbyUY.jpg

Yew trees are found next to nearly all old churches in England

yyviMvS.jpg

this last one is not my photo. I include it just to show the situation. Its taken from atop the castle's keep.

9734211683_a125ee467f_b.jpg
Beautiful

We've had some mighty winds recently. Yesterday I took a little ride down the river to see how things looked. I think I averaged a tree down for every 150m. Here are a few examples.
TreeDownCracked.JPG

TreeDownSnapped.JPG

TreeDownTipped.JPG

The first two look similar to Oak. If they are, then that was some strong winds!

The first two look similar to Oak. If they are, then that was some strong winds!
In the 60s there was a lot of oak along this river. Normally they don’t come down until the river shifts and the bank erodes to topple them over.

Now the majority of the falling trees are ash. This storm downed a decent number of spruce people had put in their yards 20 years ago. I have a 60 footer I’ll probably have to take down next year.

In the 60s there was a lot of oak along this river. Normally they don’t come down until the river shifts and the bank erodes to topple them over.

Now the majority of the falling trees are ash. This storm downed a decent number of spruce people had put in their yards 20 years ago. I have a 60 footer I’ll probably have to take down next year.

:(:(

Back