Photos, let's see 'em

Here's a few I've taken recently.

Box Cañon, Ouray CO. Looking straight up at a tree growing on the edge of the canyon.
GWedNsY.jpg

The view from the house we rented. On the right is Mt. Sneffels which is a "14'er"
t90y8yM.jpg

This is my 4Runner. We're at about 9,00 feet here at sunset near our rented house. Sneffels in the background along with a bunch of other named peaks. I eventually took the truck over Imogene pass which is 13,100 feet.
w55DQyK.jpg

Thanks for driving one of the most bad ass Mustangs ever! I'm a Ford guy through and through, and have a couple myself. I guess I'll know I've made it when my PRS collection is worth the same as my Mustang collection.
For a V6 this one had the jewels to take on most V8s. It was fast and loud. I sold it last April to make a downpayment on the 2015 V6 Vert. I lost money on the sale, but made up for it in the '15's superior performance and style. If i had put my Mustang money into a PRS, I'd have a few Private Stocks bu now. LOL

Box Cañon, Ouray CO. Looking straight up at a tree growing on the edge of the canyon.
GWedNsY.jpg

The view from the house we rented. On the right is Mt. Sneffels which is a "14'er"
t90y8yM.jpg

This is my 4Runner. We're at about 9,00 feet here at sunset near our rented house. Sneffels in the background along with a bunch of other named peaks. I eventually took the truck over Imogene pass which is 13,100 feet.
w55DQyK.jpg

I absolutely love this part of Colorado!

The second one is right side up.

You are correct!
Did you figure this out by color (the “sky” being slightly more blue), or by the perspective (slightly more cloud visible at tree tops because picture taken at standing height)?

One of the fun things about Grand Teton National Park is, you can stand in the same spot where Ansel Adams took one of his famous photos in 1942:

5d40bebb91a33.image.jpg

Now I ain't no Ansel Adams, that's for sure, but I edited one of my shots in an attempt to recreate it. Not much has changed in 78 years, except the trees grew and there's now a wall along the ridge to contain sightseers like me.

C7OoKaw.jpg

Just thought to update Snake River Canyon / Ansel Adams with this:

9QimnuZ.jpg

I have no idea what people do there for work, other than tourism. But I want to live there so badly. It's just peaceful and sublime and amazing. I love it. Ridgeway is just the coolest town. They're all about art and music.

I feel the same way. We went out there a few years ago and we hit many of the small town in the area. Crested Butte, Lake City, Ouray, Telluride, etc. I'd move there in a heartbeat if I could find work. When we drove over Monarch Pass, it was the first time my wife had crossed the Continental Divide (other than flying in a plane). That's a special part of the world!

You are correct!
Did you figure this out by color (the “sky” being slightly more blue), or by the perspective (slightly more cloud visible at tree tops because picture taken at standing height)?

Neither.
In the second picture on the right side there are some "features" at the shoreline, possibly rocks or a fallen tree.
These features have oh so slightly more definition above the "centerline" than below.
The lower half of the picture is therefore the reflection.

I feel the same way. We went out there a few years ago and we hit many of the small town in the area. Crested Butte, Lake City, Ouray, Telluride, etc. I'd move there in a heartbeat if I could find work. When we drove over Monarch Pass, it was the first time my wife had crossed the Continental Divide (other than flying in a plane). That's a special part of the world!

There is some really amazing country out here. John and Shawn, let me know when you guys make it out this way again.

With the changes to where and how people work triggered even more by the Covid situation, more and more people are going to be moving into the wilds and working remotely. I have a job that has always been considered in-person, but I haven't been in the office in five months. Everyone is figuring out how much can be done remotely, with so much less office overhead. That means more opportunities for employment.

GWedNsY.jpg

t90y8yM.jpg

w55DQyK.jpg

Pretty sure I have a similar shot of that same tree, I'll have to look through last summers shots.

I absolutely love this part of Colorado!

Me too, spent a lot of time in that area for the first time last year. Headed to CO in a couple weeks, a friend has offered their house in Aspen to us while they are in Moab. We'll spend a little time in Denver area too. Would love to get back to Ouray and Silverton though.

Nice camo!

He never rattled, and didn't strike. Just raised his head and slithered forward about a yard. Most chill rattler ever.

There was a cool lightening storm a few hours ago behind the castle ruins and adjoining church. Didn't get the shot I wanted but this one is pretty cool. The castle and church are all lit up at night so they're a little washed-out. Still, it's a neat vibe.

Click the image if you want the 4K version.

i-nDpzdNk-4K.jpg

There was a cool lightening storm a few hours ago behind the castle ruins and adjoining church. Didn't get the shot I wanted but this one is pretty cool. The castle and church are all lit up at night so they're a little washed-out. Still, it's a neat vibe.

Click the image if you want the 4K version.

i-nDpzdNk-4K.jpg
Dude, that’s bada$$

Back