Photobucket back!

But you wouldn't pay a web host to do all that stuff for you that you don't want to do?

A website is nothing more than a remote set of apps and folders just like you have locally on your computer. If you know how to navigate Windows, you already know 90% of what you need to know. Image hosting sites were never easier than hosting your own, the appeal was that it was free.

I'm autistic so EVERYTHING in this world intimidates me, but it hasn't stopped me from trying and learning new things. Learning to play guitar is an unbelievably difficult challenge for me, but I like it because I'd rather be over challenged than under challenged.

I'm with you on the car thing tho. I used to do all my own work but at almost 60 I just don't want to fight with a bunch of dirty, rusty, greasy **** anymore. I'll still do anything I can reach without getting under the vehicle or having to change clothes but that's about it these days :)

*I* would pay for the hosting, yes. That's what I do - although I didn't do it so much for the photo hosting as to have a consistent e-mail address and some web space for my own web work. But I also do web development, so I only had to flex a few additional muscles. But if my sister (for example) wanted to do it, she'd be essentially clueless. Free was definitely a big appeal, but so was easy. Before they tried to charge money, the most complaints I heard about Photobucket (and Imgur) were about how hard they kept making it to get the URL to post the pic.

Deep down, a cynical part of me suspects (with zero proof) that this was a plan to try to clear some accounts off the site, that they figured they'd have a certain amount of people scram and a much smaller amount actually cough up the bucks. But I may have watched too much 24...

I want @11top to be happy

I want 11top to be happy sending his guitars to me.

fx47mj.jpg

Really?!?!

A "notion" cannot be selfish, nor naive, those words are adjectives, which describe people. I can only assume that English isn't your first language, and that you truly don't understand how rude you are being. So much for expecting an apology from an ass-hat. :rolleyes:

Yes really... and no amount of false assumptions, browbeating, or name calling is likely to change my opinion :)

Last edited:
*I* would pay for the hosting, yes. That's what I do - although I didn't do it so much for the photo hosting as to have a consistent e-mail address and some web space for my own web work. But I also do web development, so I only had to flex a few additional muscles. But if my sister (for example) wanted to do it, she'd be essentially clueless. Free was definitely a big appeal, but so was easy. Before they tried to charge money, the most complaints I heard about Photobucket (and Imgur) were about how hard they kept making it to get the URL to post the pic.

Deep down, a cynical part of me suspects (with zero proof) that this was a plan to try to clear some accounts off the site, that they figured they'd have a certain amount of people scram and a much smaller amount actually cough up the bucks. But I may have watched too much 24...

I agree with this. I think they found themselves in an impossible situation with way too many users and wanted to thin the herd. You can't just tell your user base to leave so they did a roundabout.

Guitpicky may require a little more patience and understanding from us.
It's ok, I'm used to it and most people don't really understand what autism is. I'm not expecting any special treatment and calling me names goes in one ear and out the other.

Sometimes people appreciate it when you give them a different perspective, others times not so much :)

Last edited:
Just tried the ignore feature, it is awesome, posts from whoever you put in the list don’t show in the thread, as if they jusy dont exist. :p

I received this email:

pb-header-brand.png

You may have noticed that we experienced an unexpected service interruption today. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

On October 4, our datacenter provider made a change that inadvertently resulted in a loss of internet access to our website. Even though we have redundant connections in place for just such an occurrence, their actions impacted access to those redundant networks.

Remote teams began working to restore access as soon as the outage began. As we understand it, the issue has been resolved within the last couple of hours. We truly appreciate your patience during this down time.

Rest assured that at no time were your saved photos in any jeopardy of loss during this outage. If you are still having trouble accessing the website, please let us know.

Thanks,
Your Photobucket Team

Back