Photobucket back!

shimmilou

Established in 1963
The email that I got says that we can have free hosting again, just with a Photobucket watermark. Ican live with that. Let’s see how it looks. Is the picture showing for y’all? I don’t see a watermark.

83KramerPacerMrbl5.jpg

Last edited:
Not interested. You don't try to screw everyone and then they all bail you say "just kidding"...I don't think so.

I thought the same thing, except I never removed my pics from there, just started a Flickr account. As long as I’m not paying, I’ll use Photobucket, as I have used it for years and kinda gotten use to it. But yeah, was dirty of them to do that. :oops:

I don't know if I'd go that far, but one thing's fo sho… Those morons made a completely ridiculous business decision.

I’m prone to hyperbole but, if you base your business on a false ideology of free expression through cost free data hosting, where you gain worldwide acceptance and dependence and then use that power to essentially attempt to extort people into spending $300 a year (or whatever it was) yeah... while not technically rape, or illegal, that abuse of power under false pretense is still excessive and unsavory.

I regret using that analogy because it belittles the experience of the victims of those two horrible men, and is in no way even remotely comparable, so I’d like to apologize for that. I’m truly sorry for my emotional and lame attempt at trying to compare them.

What photobucket did was wrong. They kinda stripped me (and countless others) of a ton of effort and content that will never be replaced, restored, or replicated, and I’m a little salty about it.

I’m prone to hyperbole but, if you base your business on a false ideology of free expression through cost free data hosting, where you gain worldwide acceptance and dependence and then use that power to essentially attempt to extort people into spending $300 a year (or whatever it was) yeah... while not technically rape, or illegal, that abuse of power under false pretense is still excessive and unsavory.

I regret using that analogy because it belittles the experience of the victims of those two horrible men, and is in no way even remotely comparable, so I’d like to apologize for that. I’m truly sorry for my emotional and lame attempt at trying to compare them.

What photobucket did was wrong. They kinda stripped me (and countless others) of a ton of effort and content that will never be replaced, restored, or replicated, and I’m a little salty about it.
No Schlitz.
All that work we did. All that content, across multiple forums.
I dislike them massively for that. Whomever made that decision is a complete idiot. Reminds me of a certain Gibson CEO.

I deleted all my photos from there when they pulled that crap. Had to download some of them since they were loaded from older devices, but I got them all and moved them. After what they did, I won't go back. Won't reward their decision, and, have no need too.

I deleted all my photos from there when they pulled that crap. Had to download some of them since they were loaded from older devices, but I got them all and moved them. After what they did, I won't go back. Won't reward their decision, and, have no need too.
I downloaded what I wanted, but left everything there as it was. That way everything I posted before will be seen again (if they truly open it up).
That does not mean I'll go back though.

I downloaded what I wanted, but left everything there as it was. That way everything I posted before will be seen again (if they truly open it up).
That does not mean I'll go back though.

Yeah, the broken links sucked, but when they pulled that I was done with them so I blamed it on them along with every other thread I looked at here or anywhere with missing pics. That made me that much less likely to ever consider them again. I'm sure they don't care. But they SUCK, so I won't use them again. I wonder if all the old broken links will be restored for those who did leave pics there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinda like Kananga's plan in "Live and Let Die"; give heroin away on the streets, putting the mob/gangs out of business, once you have a sh!t load of addicts, jack up the price

Kinda like Kananga's plan in "Live and Let Die"; give heroin away on the streets, putting the mob/gangs out of business, once you have a sh!t load of addicts, jack up the price

Man, I haven’t thought about that movie in awhile.

Also, the only great song Paul McCartney ever wrote. :rolleyes:

Back