Phase III Tuners

The screw holes don't line up, so they will need to be filled and then the back of the headstock needs to be refinished.

Got it, you're referencing the Phase II to Phase III conversion, not a Vintage Style McCarty replacement...... I have a Korina McCarty that one day will be on it's way to the PTC for some 408's and was hoping for a way to get Phase III's too ;-)

Got it, you're referencing the Phase II to Phase III conversion, not a Vintage Style McCarty replacement...... I have a Korina McCarty that one day will be on it's way to the PTC for some 408's and was hoping for a way to get Phase III's too ;-)

The Phase III's aren't a direct replacemnet for the Vintage Style tuners either. The shaft on the Phase III tuners is longer than the shaft of the vintage tuners, so if if Phase III's are installed, it will change the angle the strings cross over the nut resulting in very little downforce on the nut.

Shawn, I have one of my Phase 3 tuners on my Stripped 58 that is sticking, kinda gets a jump in it when fine tuning. Is there a way to get rid of that? If not, are they available as singles? Thanks

Shawn, I have one of my Phase 3 tuners on my Stripped 58 that is sticking, kinda gets a jump in it when fine tuning. Is there a way to get rid of that? If not, are they available as singles? Thanks

It's probably not the tuner, but the string catching in the nut slot....

Jamie

I don't want to pest, but has there been any update on when a faux bone button would be available for the Phase III tuners?

Also, (and unrelated), any chance that a blade switch cap could be available in ivory/creme rather than just black? (I know...I'm asking a lot...sorry!)

I don't want to pest, but has there been any update on when a faux bone button would be available for the Phase III tuners?

Not yet, but if all goes well they will be available by the end of March/beginning of April.

Also, (and unrelated), any chance that a blade switch cap could be available in ivory/creme rather than just black? (I know...I'm asking a lot...sorry!)

Probably not. Paul doesn't like creme switch tips on the 5 way switch

Super awesome news, followed by a slight bummer. You manage expectations like a pro! ;)

Thanks, Shawn...I appreciate the update!

Shawn - a while back, you indicated that if all went well, faux bone buttons for the Phase III tuners might be available for purchase around the April time frame. I've been checking, and I still haven't seen them show up in the parts section of the shop. Does that mean that all did not go well? :) I'm definitely interested in faux bone buttons should they become available. Are there any updates or new info that you could share on this subject? Thank you, sir!

To All,

It would be really good to have the dimensions of the tuners.

Best regards, Mike

Back