Phase III Tuners - What Size Are The Hex Set Screws On Tuner Shaft

I ordered 5 of the wrenches from Chad's toolbox (.89mm) as above and we'll see how they do!

Welcome to the forum!

Can you link to the .89 wrench (or provide its full name)? Searching that site is a bit of a bear.

Thanks!

The best place I have ever found for getting Allen wrenches is McMaster-Carr. They have any size you could imagine, I’ve had to get some that are so small they don’t even look like an Allen wrench.

Hi everyone! First post. New '22 Hollowbody II Piezo, in purple iris, absolutely love this instrument.

Still getting things dialed in. Intonation is pretty much there. Doesn't take a traditional capo well, requires a super light touch so adjustable capo has been helpful.

Mine doesn't hold a tune super well, and just today I noticed that the tuners are really easy to loosen (Some more than others), seems likely why it's going out. I noticed the hex screws and thought they could be tightened, but I see that they're not the mechanism of tightening directly, but they allow you to tighten using the tuning key itself. I'll use Glide-bpm's method above.

I ordered 5 of the wrenches from Chad's toolbox (.89mm) as above and we'll see how they do!

Glide-bpm, it seems like your first experience has been positive since tightening ("Wow, did tightening those new double set screw collars improve tuning stability on drive bombs and heavy tremolo use!!!")

Note #1. The specs for the Piezo does not seem to indicate the modified tweaked tuners. However, mine came with them, and a few other searches for the same instrument for sale w/ pictures also shows the set screws. So there is a chance these became standard at some point in the run on even the non-594s, at least for the hollowbody piezos?

Note #2: I am told the purple iris color is being discontinued due to supply... Maybe that's just what they told me, ha!

Hi and welcome.

If your tuners are loose, try a gentle tighten of the tuner key (beware, a little goes a long way, especially if you have wooden tuner keys).

I replaced my tuner keys with ebony ones on my PRS, I didn’t over tighten them and they felt loose. A tiny (gentle) tightening made all the difference.

Happy twanging.

Thank you everyone.

Regarding where I bought these:
1. There is a link to Chads Toolbox earlier in the thread. I used that link. Never heard about these folks but I decided to give it a shot. $10 for a few, shipped. Seems dine

2. I also just searched Amazon (can't post links for):
(a) .89MM HEX WRENCH, which seems to bring up some options, e.g. 7pcs/set 0.71mm - 3mm Mini Hex Key Set Hexagon Allen Wrench Tool 7 Sizes ( 0.71mm, 0.89mm, 1.27mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm )
and
(b) Bondhus - Hex - .89mm GoldGuard Plated Hex L-wrench - Long (1pc Bulk) - 29148-1

I bought a few options, so we'll see.

Thanks also for the tip on tightening the tuners themselves. Will give that a shot, too.

Can't have an instrument like this, that doesn't stay in tune -- hoping this helps.

The best place I have ever found for getting Allen wrenches is McMaster-Carr. They have any size you could imagine, I’ve had to get some that are so small they don’t even look like an Allen wrench.
Thank you; ordered!

Back