Phase III tuners are tight

Sekunda

Music is life
My Phase III tuners on my 2012 Stripped 58 are really tight and hard to turn which makes the tuning jump sharp or flat sometimes. What is the best way to make these a little more easy to tune? Just wanted to see if anyone had an answer (or had this problem) before I start loosening things up :)

Thanks peeps!

I bought my cu24 used and the ph3 on it are not smooth like the ph2s I have.

I wonder if it’s the open gear design, like sh!t gets stuck in there?

I’ve had two guitars with Ph3’s, the first and older one had some tight tuners, the second one... very smooth, almost enough to keep me from swapping them with wings.

My Phase III tuners on my 2012 Stripped 58 are really tight and hard to turn which makes the tuning jump sharp or flat sometimes. What is the best way to make these a little more easy to tune? Just wanted to see if anyone had an answer (or had this problem) before I start loosening things up :)

Thanks peeps!
I’m wondering if customer support might have a special recipe for cleaning/smoothing out P3s? Something like the rosewood treatment of awesomeness for tuners?

I’m wondering if customer support might have a special recipe for cleaning/smoothing out P3s? Something like the rosewood treatment of awesomeness for tuners?

Yes... this would be awesome sauce. Until I find an answer that helps I'll be blasting the Custom 22 for a while...

Back