Phase III locking tuners on a PRS SE

LehMaik

Is there anybody who has upgraded his SE with Phase III locking tuners?
I guess both holes per tuner needs to be drilled but will the Phase III cover the existing drill hole from the stock tuners?

New holes have to be drilled and you need to ream out the tuner hole in order to fit the larger bushings for the phase 3s

guitarvaultusa.com

Convert your stock tuners to locking, or buy a set that will drop right in, no mods.

Also, grover makes a drop in replacement set, albeit with smaller buttons.

I put Phase 3 tuners on my Zach Myers. I had to ream out the shaft hole, but the screw holes lined up just fine. Looks like it came from PRS with them.

They will fit either a Bernie or a Zach Myers. I have read on these forums that there is no need to ream the shaft hole if you reuse the bushings from the original tuners. I personally never tried and reamed the hole larger as the Phase III bushings are a fair bit thicker, i.e. felt and looked like an upgrade to me.

If you use the old bushings you will not have to ream the top side. But the back will need a small amount of reaming. The base of the Phase 3 is slightly wider.

Just get some hipshot tuner with the ump plate and call it a day. You can even get the open back tuner, which is rock solid, cheap, and no modifications required. Save the extra $$$$ on a Mann bridge.

I used the Mann's with the PRS logo. However, I think the hipshots or some of the other options might have been better.

I put Phase 3 tuners on my Zach Myers. I had to ream out the shaft hole, but the screw holes lined up just fine. Looks like it came from PRS with them.
Did you have to change bushings and just ream out the holes at the bottom? Or will the bushings on the SE work?

Back