Petition for "PTC Europe"

Would you send your guitar to PTC Europe?

• Hell Yes!!

Votes: 41 83.7%
  • Yes, depending on cost.

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Not really, I trust my local tech...

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

Jazzedout

More Guitars than Time...
How many of you would like to see "PTC Europe" happening?
With the logistics and cost of shipping guitars to the factory being somewhat prohibitive or not even possible (i.e. brw in guitars) who would like to have a PTC Europe for things like:
-Broken necks/headstocks
-Finish repairs
-Complete refinshes
-Refrets
-Floyd routes
-Electronics customization
-Rosewood treatments etc...

I created a little poll for this.

I voted with "Yes" although I have mixed feelings about this from my own recent PTC experience:

- On the one hand as PRS insists on Fedex as their (international) logistics partner, shipping a guitar from Europe to Maryland and back is an absolute nightmare and I wouldn't do it again. Never ever! Don't get me wrong, Skitchy really did magic and Shawn and Dave really tried to support where ever they could. The nightmare was totally on the logistic side, but as you cannot get one without the other, no PTC magic for my other two PRS.

- On the other hand, as long as they don't find a way to clone Skitchy, I don't see an European branch of the PTC coming. Three so-called master luthiers here in Germany failed miserably on my PRS before I sent it to the PTC and all three are very well known internationally and claim to have worked "for the stars". Again, don't get me wrong, but even if someone can do a pro-level service on a Fender or a Gibson and maybe builts quite good Fender-Copies on his own, that doesn't mean he's good at servicing PRS, too. PRS seem to be totally different animals ;-)

Two of my guitars have been on the care package that Headline (PRS Europe) offered. First year they got shipped back, but since then I've all taken to driving them to Cambridge. Always had an excellent service from Mat & Nick – both excellent guys.
It would be good to have a PTC centre in England as there are a couple of things I like to have done, it would be totally cost prohibitive to send them back to Maryland.
Ian

I'd be interested in a STC Europe.... preferably in the south of France...On a beach.

Hell yeah, that would be a cool option to have for us Europeans - especially for some of the wackier mods one could come up with (or BIG repairs)... let's make it happen!! :rock:

(PS: first post here, so, hi guys!)

i voted yes, but i doubt it will ever happen.
they are not able to realize a website though.
so i continue fixing my stuff myself.
it was also a stupid idea to centralize all to one european distributor.
(at least for the customers) ;)

I setup all my guitars myself too, but I would not attempt a refret or a floyd route by myself.
Having a centralized european distributor makes it easier IMHO to have a european PTC at their location...

as you are in greece and me in germany we wouldn't have a benefit from a PTC
located in UK.
there they will not have the PRS luthiers from maryland, just any luthiers
that you have in your country as well.
i don't see any need to ship the guitar to a foreign country then.
when you see their talents as distributor you can easily imagine the quality of a PTC EU.
support your local...

There's a way to get around the high fees. If anyone knows(and trusts)a U.S.serviceman, the guitar can be shipped through military channels then proceed through the civilian counterpart.

A big yes from me!

I'm sure Shawn talked about it as a maybe last year but I don't know if it's on the back burner or dropped as an idea. I did fret (excuse the pun) for a while with the idea of sending my Bernie off but I couldn't justify the cost. The only issue is that a Euro PTC probably wouldn't do all the things I want doing to my Bernie.

It seems to me that it would be new to see the euro-uk endeavour expand and have PRS train more techs up to their standard. Also surely it could be a new revenue stream if the operation became as well respected as its US counterpart.

I would definitely rather pay a slight premium to have a PRS centre in Europe doing my work and have a top service guaranteed.

What would actually help already: Have the distributor here help with the shipping logistics to/from the PTC...?

Back