Pete's comments about rock

Cheech still hit it on the head in parody..."I only know 3 chords"!!! Many millions have been made by guitars playing only three chords. Virtuosity is something we all seek in one fashion or another, but there is truth to his statement, even if it was a joke. The guitar has risen, become a god, and collapsed to be an afterthought, more than once in it's history.

Last edited:
Spend less time worrying about the future of guitar, and more time playing it. whatever "state" of the guitar that it's "in", do you really care? as long as the guitar makes you happy, that's all that matters . do you think Keith Richards give's a flip about what :state" that the guitar is in this week?. Pete loves to gripe about everything, always has, and six month's from now he'll have a different opinion!

I tend to not worry about the future of guitar. I'm not part of the future - I'm part of the present. My kids and millions like them are the future. What they do with the guitar will be anyone's guess, but I'll be curious to know what these 'kids' will think of their predecessors. That'll be a hoot!

“But think how many people have gone deaf from the electric guitar. No one goes deaf from the accordion.”

“When people hear an accordion, they wish they were deaf.”
accordian4.jpg

I have 3 teenage sons. The oldest (the most like me) is into classic rock, heavy metal, playing guitar, etc... My middle son only really listens to new Country, couldn't care less about an instrument. My youngest listens to those auto-tune, Japanese and Korean anime soundtrack sounding garbage, where they sound like nothing but some kid singing crap while sucking helium and listening to a drum track.

I get your point, but, unfortunately for the cartoon’s historical accuracy, the accordion wasn’t invented until around 1830.

“It’s a cartoon, dummy. Its humor doesn’t depend on historical accuracy.”

“Wait. You’re saying a cartoon doesn’t have to accurately depict historical events?”

“That’s right. Because it’s a cartoon, not a historical treatise.”

“So you’re saying Donald Duck isn’t real?”

“That’s right.”

“Cruella DeVille?”

“Not real.”

“You realize you’re making me rethink my entire existence.”

My youngest listens to those auto-tune, Japanese and Korean anime soundtrack sounding garbage, where they sound like nothing but some kid singing crap while sucking helium and listening to a drum track.

Anime pays well, if you think you have the chops. Should be easy for you to do something like this.

Anime pays well, if you think you have the chops. Should be easy for you to do something like this.

Listen to the entire game end piece on Mario Cart 8. The musicianship, composition and conducting is stunning. Even the guitar work, which is not the highlight, is fantastic. Those are some bad cats playing that score!

I get your point, but, unfortunately for the cartoon’s historical accuracy, the accordion wasn’t invented until around 1830.

“It’s a cartoon, dummy. Its humor doesn’t depend on historical accuracy.”

“Wait. You’re saying a cartoon doesn’t have to accurately depict historical events?”

“That’s right. Because it’s a cartoon, not a historical treatise.”

“So you’re saying Donald Duck isn’t real?”

“That’s right.”

“Cruella DeVille?”

“Not real.”

“You realize you’re making me rethink my entire existence.”
Perhaps it wasn't introduced as a musical instrument until around 1830, but I bet all of the early prototypes went over the walls in one form or another.

Never mind that an investigation showed he didn’t download anything.

Back