Pete Thorn plays a silver sky

I’ve seen this before, but thanks for posting this.

Seems the only knock against PRS is that they weren’t there for the “Classic” rock era and that holds some players back from really giving them any credit for still being great instruments. There’s nothing that can be done for that.

But if you have an open mind, like Pete clearly does, then you can appreciate PRS for what they are. High quality, professional grade, deeply reliable and yet still great sounding guitars.

I’ve seen this before, but thanks for posting this.

Seems the only knock against PRS is that they weren’t there for the “Classic” rock era and that holds some players back from really giving them any credit for still being great instruments. There’s nothing that can be done for that.

But if you have an open mind, like Pete clearly does, then you can appreciate PRS for what they are. High quality, professional grade, deeply reliable and yet still great sounding guitars.

At one of the early Experience events, PRSh said the biggest obstacle PRS Guitars faces is that he can't get Jimi Hendrix to play his guitars, or SRV.

Yeah, maybe. But he likes it, and.isn’t that what counts for each of us?

Maybe? C'mon! This is indisputable a bad guitar sound.
And I don't think this was intended. In his other videos this guy usually has a decent sound going. Looks more like an accident to me.

Maybe it's a really bad mic position, as Pete sounds alright and apparently they're both going through the same type of amp

From most of the guitcon vids I have seen, they have been using H&K amps. Not bad amps at all, but I have to agree, I did not care for the amp sounds in many of the videos. My guess is they were not set up for an optimal recorded tone. We don’t know how these amps were being recorded either.

Maybe? C'mon! This is indisputable a bad guitar sound.
And I don't think this was intended. In his other videos this guy usually has a decent sound going. Looks more like an accident to me.

Good/bad, matter of taste, always disputable.

Nonetheless, I agree that it wasn’t my kind of tone. But I’d rather not say bad things about nice folks.

“What are you talking about? You’re on everyone’s ass about the tone from modelers, etc. Since when do you hold back criticism?”

“Yeah, I know. I’m inconsistent.”

“Well, that sucks.”

“I know. You get to be right. Truth is, I’m not a fan of that kinda tone in general. I’m much more old-school. That was spiky sounding.”

Back