Pet Peeve

But...they do! Ironically not available in 10’s though.

1-A9-A5737-E555-44-F2-9-B83-20-AFA930-D9-F2.jpg
Hmmmm..... I don’t have a guitar to go with those.....

my ex got peeved when I would use "either" when it wasn't an either/or type situation. After a while, I did it just to peeve her. I guess that's why she's my ex. (but its not either)

For a while I couldn't handle college roommates who spoke with a decidedly Bahstan accent. Then one of my friends and my niece attended college in the region. They got used to it relatively quickly, but I still cringe a little, almost the same when I hear a Long Island accent, because it reminds me of college early on.

“Begs the question” when the speaker means “prompts the question.”
Eck-setera instead of et cetera.

Doesn’t really bother me, I just notice it. And I get why people make those mistakes.

I’ll confess, I like it when I hear a tape of Pig Pen (Grateful Dead singer, for anyone who might not know) saying “axe” for “ask” in one of his raps. It was just the way he did it. He wasn’t condescending to anyone. He was before my time, but I can see how he could own a room. Anyway, I probably wouldn’t mind it if I heard a rap where he said elk-setera. But I don’t think I’d be cool with him using begs the question to refer to anything other than supporting a claim with a premise that itself presupposes the claim.

Back