Personalizing my PRSi...

Steph

This just in today!

A little personalisation of my beloved CU24 with a new truss rod cover...

PrsTrodinlay2_zps7654a385.jpg

I guess it makes my PRSi a Private Stock wannabe... Ah! One day!... :wink:

Anyone else? Show me what you did to make your axe really your own... (Beside some dings and nicks!)

Lampshades, DGT pickups, tremol-no with no back cover, and the signed control cavity cover. The stickers were applied by my oldest daughter when she was maybe 18 months or so, I like them so they stay.

IMG_20120518_195843.jpg

20130215_220323.jpg

My SE Bernie Marsden has been 'personalized' over the past year:

Bare Knuckle Mule neck and Suhr Doug Aldrich bridge pickups. (May still swap the bridge again. We'll see.)
Graphtech Tusq Nut
Bare Knuckle Cts 550k pots
Orange Drop Cap
Tonepros locking studs
Knurled Speed Knobs (Not shown)

Pups are 4 conducter so I may wire it up for 'out of phase' with a push pull in the future.

Speaking of true personalisations... A forum TRC would be cool. If I had the cash I'd maybe have been tempted to buy another and have it re-finished.

7770877940_1bf5db76d7_b.jpg

Oh... And congrats to Davy Knowles who scored a Bernie recently. I wonder if he'll mod his...?

Last edited:
Steelblock.jpg

IMG_2484-1_zps12bb669e.jpg

Callaham steelblock and bridge against body.Have also added a tremol-no.

Last edited:
Black selector tip, black pickup rings, black tuner buttons, black strap locks, skull truss rod cover, Tremol-no. Everything was originally bone/ivory. I wanted to pull out more of the black bursting.
photo-15_zps3c19e965.jpg

This just in today!

A little personalisation of my beloved CU24 with a new truss rod cover...

PrsTrodinlay2_zps7654a385.jpg

I guess it makes my PRSi a Private Stock wannabe... Ah! One day!... :wink:

Anyone else? Show me what you did to make your axe really your own... (Beside some dings and nicks!)

Where did you get the new TRC from? That's exactly what I'd like to get for my cu24 too.

Some good post for some nice ideas.... like rosewood pu rings.... hmm....:rolleyes:

Never heard before of tremol-no... Very interesting....

Keep em coming people, show us your mods....

Back