Pernambuco vs. Chaltecoco Pernambuco

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon...it looks a little bit like how "The Walking Dead" might portray Elvis.....Paul's avatar should be the original Carlos Doubleneck....or the 1st Dragon....or even this.....

Time's up. If you want another argument, it's going to cost you 5 pounds.

I'm going to create a thread called Les & Bennett's Playhouse and move all of these posts over there.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;53097 said:
I'm going to create a thread called Les & Bennett's Playhouse and move all of these posts over there.

Just riffin' on some Monty Python.

Waiting for some Firesign Theatre, myself. ;)

You guys wouldn't keep having these issues if you just realized that CE's are the bestest guitars ever!

Hey Sergio, I just heard a rumor that the PTC is going to start offering sinker Chaltecoco replacement necks for certain year runs of CEs...:flute:

Wooden_bucket_zpsd4b6b0d1.jpg
What kind of wood is that bucket? :hello:

Glad things are cleared up with Paul's reply, hopefully this is the last of situations such as this.

Just riffin' on some Monty Python.

Waiting for some Firesign Theatre, myself. ;)

On a personal note, I'm waiting for the electrician, or someone like him.

Follow in your book and repeat after me, as we learn three new words in Turkish...'towel'...'bath'...'border'..."

Glad things are cleared up with Paul's reply, hopefully this is the last of situations such as this.

Thank goodness!

Now we can get back to arguing about important things, like the number of truss rod screws, whether you can really hear the difference between BRW and IRW fingerboards, opaque vs stained tops, and other earthshaking stuff.

FRICKING GORGEOUS!!!!!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;52603 said:
I'm pretty sure I have received PM's about both of you. People encourage me to let you two duke it out. It's entertaining. :laugh:

For the record, you will rarely, if ever, see a "simmer down" post from me. Either people break the rules are they don't.

Regarding this thread... there are places where you will get banned for calling people on their BS (real or perceived). This isn't one of them. The majority of you guys have done a superb job of looking at the facts and drawing reasonable conclusions. Everything else seems to be based on the joy many of us derive from occasionally locking horns.

Moving forward... it appears as though PRS has created the name Chaltecoco Pernambuco to draw a comparison between the two woods. Gibson makes up wood names all the time. Korina anyone? Baked Maple (gag) ??? The crux of the whole deal (for many) is that the name PRS created can be misleading. So let's set the record straight. Chaltecoco is not the same orange wood (from Brazil) we've come to know as Pernambuco. It might feel/sound the same but it isn't the same. Make your decisions (for whatever reason you decide) accordingly.

Side note:
Remember when Pernambuco was the new "it" wood? I do. There was a Modern Eagle (PS 1638) made with a Pernambuco neck a few years back. It sat at Chuck Levins for quite a while before it finally sold. I loved the top and the color but couldn't deal with that weird orange neck with a long funny name. Man, I sure wish I had that ME now. I am certain I'm not the only one to ask Brian Meader for the owner's contact info so I could offer to buy it.

Live an learn.

1638b.jpg

I have no idea what the specs sheets will say, but the wood is being openly marketed as Chaltecoco. But why Chaltecoco Pernambuco? Because most people (myself included) have no idea that Chaltecoco and Pernambuco are realted. Is it marketing spin? Absolutely, but that's what marketing is supposed to do, get people excited and have them spend some money.

Like the "Treatment Of Extreme Awesomeness"?
"

Like the "Treatment Of Extreme Awesomeness"?
"

What's with the trolling? If you have something you'd like to discuss regarding the "Rosewood Treatment of Extreme Awesomeness" then start a new thread about it or add to one of the existing threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back