Permabuco vs. Braz/IRW...

Pernambuco is much more expensive than BRW which is much more expensive than IRW.

To the best of my knowledge, neither Pernie nor Brazzie remain available as options on PS builds.

Pernambuco is much more expensive than BRW which is much more expensive than IRW.

To the best of my knowledge, neither Pernie nor Brazzie remain available as options on PS builds.

That was quick on the abolishment of Pernambuco. How did the sound differ?

Pernny is a tad brighter than Brazzy................................

Time for the test

blindfold.jpg

Your ears are better than mine.

Last edited:
Boink, boink, boink. Each piece of RW will sound a little different, no matter where it is from. I choose a RW neck because of the feel. After boinking a bunch, I chose Honduran rosewood ...

IMG_0357.jpg

Pernambuco and Brazilian Rosewood necks both sound great. I'd say Brazillian Rosewood is a bit darker and generates a more of a scooped tone. The main difference is the feel (raw rosewood vs. a finished neck).

Since I have a guitar with a Pernambuco neck but none with a BRW I'm going to have to say that Pernambuco is much better.

Since I have a guitar with a Pernambuco neck but none with a BRW I'm going to have to say that Pernambuco is much better.

LOL! How can you argue that opinion?

Oh, and I;ve only played BRW necks, so you know where my allegiance lies...

Interesting. My situation is opposite. I really like the Brazilian neck, but would like to give the Perny a try.

I do have acoustics with braz and Perny (different guitars) and from them would go along with braz being a bit darker. Both are very well balanced and have excellent sustain. I love both guitars, but the harmonics from the pernambuco can take your breath away - which is why I'm keen to see how it translates to the neck of an electric.

Back