"Perfect fit" cases?

Gary M

Hello everyone,

I just joined the club today with the purchase of a Custom 24 from The Guitar Shop in Toronto.

It comes with one of the multi-fit PRS cases, which will do the job and keep it safe but I find it to be somewhat less than awe-inspiring.

Has anyone found good aftermarket cases purpose-made (or nearly so) for the C-24?

I see that SKB makes a monster waterproof case for PRS guitars, but its also a multi-fit.... I want something that fits my baby like a custom made glove.

Thanks,

Cheers!

Gary

Gary, have you tried the French-fit Artist cases? The PRS shop sells them, but you can often find them and other special PRS cases on ebay.

They form-fit around the guitar body, and though they work for most double-cut models, are the closest thing you will find to a custom fit case.

Of course, you can also have a custom fit case made, here's a US company that will make a superb case that'll offer incredible protection, and set you back about a grand:

http://www.carbonfibercases.com/

Any true custom-fit case is going to be very expensive (most guitar makers lose money on cases), so I like the Artist cases PRS offers as an alternative to custom made.

The test video on that site is a must-see:

[youtube:3mlvznn7]gNWXrpZbpII[/youtube:3mlvznn7]

Thanks for the tip - Definitely going to check it out.

Cheers!

Gary

Back