People on reverb.com

gioforce76

Bartender to the stars
I have my 2001 mcrosie up for sale on reverb for 2000 and the same person every few days keeps sending and offer of 1040 and I keep declining . It’s getting stupid now . I guess I’m going to have to tell him to stop. 99 percent of my reverb interactions are great and then there’s this .

I look for 'make offer' and usually offer about 80% and work with the seller from there. Pays off about 75% of the time.

They're just trying to wear you down in hopes that you'll give in. Don't, there's always someone around the corner that will pay your price.

Send a short message with your decline stating you are not accepting lowball offers, worked for me because I had the same problem twice and it stopped them.

Regardless if the lone troublemakers, Reverb.com is a great resource to move gear.

I had a neck-through Jackson for sale a few years ago, and some idiot kept offering only $100 for it plus shipping. It was stupid, and I wish I was able to block him at the time. If memory serves, he was still able to spam my inbox.
The least I did was counter-offer at my asking price if not more.

Ever heard of haggling strategy? The potential buyer doesn't expect you'll agree to $1040, only counter-offer at a lower price he can work with. IF you're not planning on budging slightly, you can tell him, $2000 firm. But what's the point of making an offer if the seller isn't willing to negotiate?

FTR, am not the potential buyer, just understand the guy's mindset, as I've dealt with similar folks as a seller on eBay.

Ever heard of haggling strategy? The potential buyer doesn't expect you'll agree to $1040, only counter-offer at a lower price he can work with. IF you're not planning on budging slightly, you can tell him, $2000 firm. But what's the point of making an offer if the seller isn't willing to negotiate?

FTR, am not the potential buyer, just understand the guy's mindset, as I've dealt with similar folks as a seller on eBay.

Yeah but, starting your haggling with an almost 50% offer is a d!ck move, IMO.

It’s not eBay, on Reverb you get three chances to offer, and if both parties wiggle down $100 each time, the seller will be at $1700, the buyer at $1340.... I mean, c’mon... they’re not negotiating anything.

When I was helping Bodia move his pile of guitars, we’d get this all the time, and the guys who tried this would p!ss off after the first counter offer never to be heard from again.

I think those people are just flippers looking for stock. Same thing happened when I was selling my American Strat. Every so often I’m sure they get what they want and they’re content to wait for that right deal.

I think those people are just flippers looking for stock. Same thing happened when I was selling my American Strat. Every so often I’m sure they get what they want and they’re content to wait for that right deal.

I'd agree. I've had that happen as well. I messaged the guy(s) telling them where I wanted to be and got back "I can't make any money at that price." If I wanna sell it to someone else so they can sell it, I'm going to CME every time. They are fair, open and honest. Plus they offer 10 to 20% more than other stores.

Yeah but, starting your haggling with an almost 50% offer is a d!ck move, IMO.

It’s not eBay, on Reverb you get three chances to offer, and if both parties wiggle down $100 each time, the seller will be at $1700, the buyer at $1340.... I mean, c’mon... they’re not negotiating anything.

When I was helping Bodia move his pile of guitars, we’d get this all the time, and the guys who tried this would p!ss off after the first counter offer never to be heard from again.

Totally agree with this, as well. Thanks again for your help!

Back