Pedalboards, show me what u got

My analog board.....

201874100_10165380111360331_1490723987331105221_n.jpg

My digital modeling board.....

277120850_10166234156025331_8963145315924459912_n.jpg

Just put this together…I hope it doesn’t overwhelm anyone!:p:D

Super simple and all I really need. The MXR isn’t even used with some of my amps.:)
I DO have a few other pedals that might get installed. Maybe.
PRS-> Tuner-> NS-2 Noise Suppressor with the GT-OD in the loop-> Amp.

Temple Audio Duo 34 Board / 2x External Stand-In Switches / Peterson StroboStomp HD / Fractal Audio EV-1 Expression & FM9 Amp/Cab/Effects Modeler. This plus 2x HeadRush FRFR108s is all I'd ever need, because it's got nearly everything I'd want in modeler format.

TRw4mJl.jpg

Temple Audio Duo 34 Board / 2x External Stand-In Switches / Peterson StroboStomp HD / Fractal Audio EV-1 Expression & FM9 Amp/Cab/Effects Modeler. This plus 2x HeadRush FRFR108s is all I'd ever need, because it's got nearly everything I'd want in modeler format.

TRw4mJl.jpg
Tell me about the Headrush speakers. Currently looking for a decent speaker that I can use direct with my pedalboard. Have you used them with a PA system? I read somewhere these speakers are a bit boomy, but if you put any speaker on the floor that could happen.

Tell me about the Headrush speakers. Currently looking for a decent speaker that I can use direct with my pedalboard. Have you used them with a PA system? I read somewhere these speakers are a bit boomy, but if you put any speaker on the floor that could happen.
Gotta be honest...they're "OK" for the job. Not like Atomic CLRs or silly high-priced FRFRs. Your audience will likely not be able to tell the difference between $249 FRFRs and $999 FRFR speakers. Frequency response is mostly flat, but higher priced FRFRs are touted for their clarity and audible difference. My wallet said no at the time and I'm content with these. HeadRush also makes an FRFR112, but they weigh more and aren't as easy to transport as the lighter-weight FRFR108s.

They're advertised as 2000W but are essentially 800W RMS each FRFR108. 8 inch woofer and unknown size tweeter cone. Solid construction, highlights a contour switch on the back for scooping mids. Up on speaker stands sounds fine without the scoop. Supports 2x adjustable volume XLR or ¼ TRS inputs, w/ one non-adjustable XLR out for chaining speakers. Ground lift switch. Slo-blo fuse. IEC power connector.

I prefer the FRFR108s up on speaker stands either side of my workstation, with no boomy or muffled results. They're about ¾ of full volume, and I prefer the FM9 master volume output about 10 or 11 o'clock. The FM9 won't clip at that level, yet the FRFRs are plenty loud enough for a 35 to 40 foot room. If needs be the MVO can be bumped up until noon, and that would cover the volume drop over audience conversation.

Have not yet gigged this yet, but may do so once my chops will be back up to snuff. Am trying to balance work/recreation time despite a busy schedule so neither is neglected. If I were to gig, I'd bring one FRFR108 and plug into the house PA, and utilize the FRFR108 as a floor monitor. (My local open-mic does not use floor monitors, but might welcome one for this purpose.)

A singer could effectively plug into my FM9's 2nd input and send a direct signal to the FM9's output & FRFR108; no need for effects or amplification; the FRFR108 would allow her to hear herself thru the FRFR108 rather than contend with the house band's volume.

Effects Board 2020, before Fractal Audio.

Guitar In > Empress One Buffer In > Dunlop CAE 404 Wah > One Control Iguana Tail Switcher >> TC Electronic Polytune Noir Tuner > Wampler Ego Compressor > TC Electronic Body Rez > Decibelics Golden Horse Overdrive > J Rockett Blue Note Overdrive > TC Electronic Sentry Noise Gate > Neunaber Reverb > One Control Iguana Tail Out >> Empress Buffer One Out > Brunetti 30W 1x12 Singleman Combo

xTTC93u.jpg

Last edited:
Effects Board 2020, before Fractal Audio.

Guitar In > Empress One Buffer In > Dunlop CAE 404 Wah > One Control Iguana Tail Switcher >> TC Electronic Polytune Noir Tuner > Wampler Ego Compressor > TC Electronic Body Rez > Decibelics Golden Horse Overdrive > J Rockett Blue Note Overdrive > TC Electronic Sentry Noise Gate > Neunaber Reverb > One Control Iguana Tail Out >> Empress Buffer One Out > Brunetti 30W 1x12 Singleman Combo

xTTC93u.jpg
That's a great setup! I kinda wish you'd kept it, but of course I understand why you felt you wanted something different. As for myself, gear is an inconsistency in my life (except for PRS). So I get it.

That's a great setup! I kinda wish you'd kept it, but of course I understand why you felt you wanted something different. As for myself, gear is an inconsistency in my life (except for PRS). So I get it.
Thanks, Les, my effects array was awesome except that it was somewhat limited to several tones. Prior to my Fractal FM9, my effects were always in a state of inconsistency, being swapped out every so often once something more cost-effective or efficient made its debut.

I kinda wished I kept the Blue Note for its unique creamy smooth overdrive. My alternate solution within my FM9 is a 'ZenDrive' or 'Timmy' effect, very close to what the Blue Note was able to achieve. I've also been able to dial in a FET Boost that comes very close to a Klon, with just a few parameter tweaks.

Periodically, my old effects board used to add effects every so often when the mood struck. With the FM9, I've got just about every amp/cab/effect I'd ever want/need at my fingertips with just my ears (or someone else's research) as my guide.

My old effects board's only complaint was that the layout was a bit cramped. The only issue. Nowadays, the FM9 fits the bill nicely.

But, as you know, they say that "the world is your moister." Have fun. :)

Last edited:
Back