Pearl Jam or Soundgarden? Go!

I never had an issue with your original post. You stated your reasoning. I only replied to your post because you quoted me. My answer to you was explaining why I called out @sergiodeblanc for the 2nd comment-“You’re not missing out”. I wouldn’t have said anything if he just left it with his first answer. I love Serg and respect his opinion.

Problem is you keep quoting me for something that didn’t have anything to do with what YOU said. I took issue with the “you’re not missing out”, that’s it. I quoted ONLY that comment for a reason. For whatever reason I continue to try and explain it and I guess I’m not making myself clear. I like you Howie, but you’re confusing the situation for something that was never directed at you or anyone else besides the one snide remark.
I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm a little slow sometimes. I was worried that I did something wrong. I goof around so much that sometimes it's just a matter of time til someone takes something I say wrong or something. Sorry!

I liked "Rooster", but it has been massively over played in Rock radio (from when it was new until now when you hear it on the classic rock stations). I will never forget when my dad several years ago, after 30+ years in radio, said "Alice In Chains has so many good songs.....why do we have to keep hearing "Rooster"?" I had to agree then and I agree now. So many good songs in their catalog.

I don't know where you are. Around here, it got a lot when it was new, then stayed in the rotation like many other "hits." If you listen all week, you'll hear it. It doesn't get worn out though, here. A much more amusing one if your from my area is "Them Bones." It was maybe almost 10 years after that album came out and one day on a fund raising event they had call in requests for $20 donations to the charity. It was a big event, lots of listeners, and someone requested "Them Bones." Them Bones didn't get much airplay when the album came out, other songs got solid radio play. Them Bones was always my favorite song on the album. By the end of the day, 3 more people had called in to request the song again. A year later and with what, three more albums out after that one with many hits, "Them Bones was still the number one requested AIC song and for many months the number one requested SONG in Cincinnati. And I mean literally 10 years after it came out. So cool that it got "big" locally on a fluke and stayed that way. Now, years later, Them Bones is still played as much as Rooster or any of the others on my area rock stations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back