Paying it forward - 2-Channel "H"

Em7

deus ex machina
I am looking to part with my 2-Channel "H". It is the amp that was used to develop my battery-less LED footswitch mod (http://forums.prsguitars.com/thread...itch-mod-for-pre-custom-2-channel-amps.23835/). I was going to sell it, but I have decided pay it forward by giving the amp away to a deserving musician. I am talking about a guitarist with talent for whom such an amp is out of his/her reach. I am including an Avatar G212 Vintage 2x12 cabinet that is loaded with two Weber VST Ceramic Blue Dogs that Ted Sr. built for me back in the late nineties when I was building amps (before Ted turned the business over to his son). It is an 8-Ohm 60W cabinet (two 30W 16-own speakers wired in parallel). Both the amp and the cabinet have only seen home use, so they are in like-new condition. I downsized my digs a few years ago. I need the room more than I need the amp. I could sell it, but I am looking to do some good and hopefully earn a little good karma in the process. What I am not looking to do is to give the amp to someone who is just going to flip it for a profit. Hopefully, one of you guys can point me to someone in the Baltimore/Washington D.C. Metro Area. However, I am open to people in other states as long as they are willing to come to Maryland to pick it up.

Last edited:
My gawd man!
This must be the single most selfless and kind thing I've ever seen an individual do, on here or anywhere else!
Dudes... in case you don't know, this amp rocks! Avatar makes killer cabs too... I own both.
Holy crap!
Make sure it goes to a loving home for a musician in need of a killer rig! Like Em7 says, no flippers or opportunists!
Wow... stunned... Nicely done sir:cool::cool::cool:

Here is what the Avatar Vintage G212 looks like:

g212v-special.jpg

As I mentioned, it is an oversized 2x12 cabinet that is not much smaller than a 4x12.

What the other guys have said! Good for you. Someone on here must know a worthy recipient that will make that baby sing!!:D

Last edited:
I have one candidate at this point. However, if there are others, I will make my final decision based on where I believe that amp will find the best home. I have been wanting to pay it forward for some time, but I want the amp to go to someone who will appreciate receiving it. That is not an easy thing to do outside of the PRS community. I only have room for one tube amp, and that is going to be the last of the prototype amps that I designed and built.

I'd like to nominate Em7 as King of Pay it Forward! What a great guy!

Last night Mark brought the amp and cab to my friend and coworker Vi.
Vi lives just outside of Ellicott City and had his basement flooded during the last event. He lost a guitar, 2 amps, and a lot of drywall and flooring.
He skipped EXP2018 to work on his house and because insurance isn't covering it, his gear funds are gone.

I can't say enough about how wonderful Mark is, and the same is true about so many others on this forum.
It's an honor to be a member here. :)

I'd like to nominate Em7 as King of Pay it Forward! What a great guy!

Last night Mark brought the amp and cab to my friend and coworker Vi.
Vi lives just outside of Ellicott City and had his basement flooded during the last event. He lost a guitar, 2 amps, and a lot of drywall and flooring.
He skipped EXP2018 to work on his house and because insurance isn't covering it, his gear funds are gone.

I can't say enough about how wonderful Mark is, and the same is true about so many others on this forum.
It's an honor to be a member here. :)

Here, here! Well said! I feel exactly the same as your last comments!

Back