Paul's weekly "Guitar Talk"

I'm starting a thread in the Guitar section: show me your wear!

Loved the way the color popped after the clear spray. I'm glad Paul expressed that it might be maddening while doing the fine detail, my heart was in my throat just watching that guy, and I'm not even involved. Good job boys.

I would love to know how to build a guitar, the precision work in sanding the body, it is just art! I love it.

Brilliant thread. I don't think I had actually seen all the steps before.

Too cool for school!

What's the SG doing in there?

A Gibson spy under the nose of PRSh.... :) My best bet is an employee guitar refinish. Some time ago I have also seen an Ibanez RG in there...

A Gibson spy under the nose of PRSh.... :) My best bet is an employee guitar refinish. Some time ago I have also seen an Ibanez RG in there...

I was going to make a smart azz comment about us correcting all the problems found on the SG, but the truth is we all love guitars so employees bring them in for set up, finish work, etc.

So Shawn, this is how a private stock PRS is put together. How different would it be to build a PRS core? a PRS SE? Thanks.

I've loved this whole thread but these last few videos have put it over the top. Great stuff! So much talent and hard work.

That scraped binding step is nothing short of amazing artistic touch. Of the many things PRS does so well, the finishing detail is probably my favorite. Thanks Shawn for sharing!

So Shawn, this is how a private stock PRS is put together. How different would it be to build a PRS core? a PRS SE? Thanks.

This project was conceived to give employees an overview of how guitars are built from start to finish and to also give them the opportunity to spend some time with the man himself. Since we are trying to get attendees involved with this project, the build includes a mix of core and PS employees. The production methods are the same, but the production teams are different. Private Stock offers a lot more options, so there is more time spent on each guitar. Of course that is reflected in the price. SE guitars are inspected in this factory, where each one is set up and inspected for quality purposes before it is shipped to an authorized PRS dealers.

Wow, if that color pops any more she's going to explode.
I agree, this is one beautiful guitar! Here is a photo of Jason doing the final touches on the white wheel.
IMG_5733.JPG

It should be noted that he is making buffing look easy, It is hard work, Hard on the lower back, hard on the shoulders and the technique to get the finish to be flat and not wavy is a art in itself. Tough Tough work right there

Not to mention how easy it is to burn through on an edge... dude is a boss!

Nothing can make you appreciate the time and effort that these guys put into the instrument than watching them build them‼️It makes me love my PRS guitars that much more‼️Thank You,each and every one of you ‼️

Back