Paul's weekly "Guitar Talk"

must

have

new

videos...

latest

Awesome stuff Shawn! Thanks for posting the series.

Will Paul be doing this with another group of employees? And you'll be recording and posting it??:)

Awesome stuff Shawn! Thanks for posting the series.

Will Paul be doing this with another group of employees? And you'll be recording and posting it??:)

Paul will continue to hold the weekly classes, but I won't be documenting them like I did with this project. However, I'm still documenting my 15 year employee guitar build process, so there are a few more videos coming in the near future.

This was a cool journey! Much appreciated it. Thanks for taking the time to document and post it Shawn.

Need to catch up with a lot of this, but thanks, Shawn. I love watching this kind of stuff.

Some of you may remember that I mentioned Paul hosts a weekly "Guitar Talk" session for employees. He discusses everything from headstock shapes to strap buttons. Well it seems I've convinced him that we should build an actual guitar from start to finish during these meetings. Many of us at PRS have worked in various departments within the factory, but few of us have worked in ALL of the departments. For example, I've never worked in the electronics department or the buffing room. So, by building a guitar with this group, it will give us all the opportunity to help build a complete guitar through every single process. I'm hoping the film and photo crew (I'm looking at you Hunter and Andrew) will document the process to create a cool youtube video in the end. I will also take photos/videos with my phone and post them here, if you guys are interested. In the end the guitar will be given away to charity.
well thats sounds l dam good idea hope it goes well

So we finally wrapped up this session of Paul's Guitar building classes and here is a shot of the completed guitar.

Moving forward, we've decided that each of us will build our own guitars with Paul overseeing each of our builds. One person wants to make a 25.5" scaled guitar with a bolt on neck, one guy wants to make a fretless bass, another person is considering making an electric cello. This is going to be a completely new set of challenges for all of us, but it should be an amazing experience for all involved. We are expecting this to take at least a year to complete.
IMG_6688.jpg

Holy crap, that thing turned out great! I also LOVE the concept of each doing a build. That is terrific!

I think that might be the most beautiful PRS I've ever seen.
I'm usually not a big fan of quilt over flame, but it's PERFECT for this. It looks like real flames (not flame, FLAMES)

AMAZING! Absolutely stunning piece of work! Sounds like you guys are about really stretch your creative legs a bit... I like it, I like it a lot! Congrats to you guys on this beautiful build!

Back