Paul's weekly "Guitar Talk"

Wow...to me this process ^^^^ is the single most important step in building a world class guitar...

The Perfectly Fitted and Glued Neck Joint.

Kudos to Rick for his master craftsmanship and eye for the very small details.

Is that Dancing Frog's PS Afterglow that makes its appearance in the first video? A nice color for sure...

I think we collectively decided on Dragon's Breath Glow for the color. It's the same color as the guitar found on the cover of the 2017 calendar.
Considering how dark the maple is, it will be interesting to see how the wood takes the stain.

cal.jpg

I knew this guitar would end up being beautiful simply because the woods were chosen from the Private Stock Vault, however I had no idea HOW beautiful it would be. That stain job is on another level. I can't wait to see it with some clear on it!

Is it by the way a "real" PS build? So is everything we have seen so far PS or were all steps up to neck/body assembly done on the normal line? Or is it a different thing from the start?

Is it by the way a "real" PS build? So is everything we have seen so far PS or were all steps up to neck/body assembly done on the normal line? Or is it a different thing from the start?

This build grew out of Paul's "Guitar Building Class". Initially we were simply going to build a Core model, but during the first session, Paul said "Everyone up to the Private Stock Vault, let's pick out wood". Later he said wanted to auction it off for charity. So, this is not a typical PS build. This build includes Paul hands-on input, but it includes several folks who don't work in the PS department (including myself).

I think it is wonderful that a charitable organization is going to realize an incredible increase in it's ability to provide aid to someone , but oh how I wish my second PRS guitar could be that marvelous tool of musical invention............

Back