Pauls guitar?

What’s wrong with blue?!

Not a damn thing!

mccarty594sc01.jpg

Sure thing. At the end of the day I think of guitars as paint brushes dipped in color. Sometimes I no longer need a color, and I get a different color for the palate. There is the rare occasion where a color is eliminated and later on you find the need for that color again. Such was the case with the Paul's Guitar.

But, to give you an idea of what I ended up with from selling the guitars and giving up some of my savings....

So, also being epileptic this was a good choice because of all the sensors - lane departure, collision alerts, cameras, traffic updates, weather reports, the full megillah. So, to add my Paul's to part of the deal, to make extra money on it, and buy this Cadillac outright. It was worth it to buy another Paul's a year later.

It’s surprising how quickly we become used to those things - we got a new vehicle at the end of last year, and it has all the sensors and stuff that I never had before (old vehicle was a 2005 Buick Terraza), and after about a month, I wondered how I lived without it. The cruise control on the new vehicle is so smooth - it doesn’t race to the target speed like the old one did. And it has a sensor that automatically slows the car down if there’s slower traffic in front, and that is so smooth that it’s been on for several minutes before I noticed it at times.

Damn nice guitars. I have one of the newer ones and it's right up there with my very best guitars - including private stocks, one-offs and prototypes.

Every time you post that I get excited!! One, I wish Cadillac would make that damn car, two....your music is AWESOME!!

I think music’s easier when there’s picture, and that footage is cool, so it helps the music.

Take the picture away, and the perception of the music changes.

That’s probably why I got completely freaked out over releasing a record for the longest time, and just got around to it. There’s no picture to watch while listening!

They had a real issue shooting that because the carbon fiber hood got a little lumpy looking when the car got hot in the sun. So they constantly had to worry about it during the shoot.

I would rather have this guitar with the 24 scale neck...easier reach with power chords. Notice the neck is a 25 scale. Ive got a less psul 24.75 scale and then strat 25.5. My santana with the 24....loving it.

Do you ever get feed back with those S cuts? B. B. King would order his guitars without the S cuts, he said they cause feed back issues, with his Gibsons? Then I've heard that story is bunk. BUT....did notice some of his guitars did not have those openings. Special ordered guitars i guess.

What’s wrong with blue?!

I have my reasons - so much so that I don't own any 'blue' jeans either!

Colours can have association with things outside of music - whether that's religion (Orange in Ireland for example), nationality (Orange in the Netherlands for example) or even Sports teams (like Red and Blue in Liverpool, Manchester etc) or politics (Red, Blue Orange - which in the UK are the colours of Labour, the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats - I don't know which way the colours are associated with the Republicans and Democrats in the US).

Maybe for a lot of people, the colours have no association for them with anything. Its just a 'colour' and that's all it is. Maybe some have 'favourite' colours and are more attracted to those than others. For some though, colour can matter, can have great meaning - not always positive. Wearing Orange in the Catholic areas of Northern Ireland could be quite negative but in Amsterdam, not an issue at all. Wearing Red in Liverpool or Manchester could go down well with half the city but the other half are 'blue' and there is intense rivalry between the two halves. It can divide families too although its not often violent. Glasgow though can be depending on whether you wear 'blue' or green and white - obviously it makes even more of a difference if there is a football team badge on your top.

Colour can be associated both positively and negatively. Red may well show your allegiance to Liverpool FC, Boston Red Sox (I assume by name they are associated with 'red'), Labour political party which may well be seen as a negative to those who are more associated with different football teams, different baseball teams, different political parties etc. Point is that colour can have a LOT more meaning to some people by association - positively to some whilst being negative to others.

Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) frequently is seen with the badge and/or colours of his favourite Football team - West Ham. Its obvious those colours mean more to him than just being colours...

For some though it could just be their favourite colour and they have a dislike of some other colours for no particular reason...

Colours can have association with things outside of music...
For some though it could just be their favourite colour and they have a dislike of some other colours for no particular reason...

Wow, I can honestly say that NONE of that has ever (consciously at least) entered my thought process when looking at guitar colors before...

Wow, I can honestly say that NONE of that has ever (consciously at least) entered my thought process when looking at guitar colors before...

It may not always be a 'conscious' decision but you are drawn more towards certain colours. A wall of PRS guitars, all the same model for example, there maybe one (or two) that catch your eye more than others. Fundamentally they are all exactly the same but maybe subconsciously, you go to the one that catches your eye the most, the guitar that draws you to it first. Maybe its just 1 or 2 colours that seem to jump out more at you or maybe you make a conscious effort to look for a certain colour - Whether its because you haven't got one in Red yet so you consciously look for Red or see what other colours that you don't yet own.

Ever since I can remember, I have been drawn to Red. In a shop full of guitars, I tend to see predominantly the red guitars jumping out.

Maybe that's just me and one of my quirks...

Whether its because you haven't got one in Red yet so you consciously look for Red or see what other colours that you don't yet own.
Maybe that's just me and one of my quirks...

No, you're definitely right. I can say from my perspective it's more likely to be that there's a beautiful guitar in a color that I DON'T have, than on specific color that I want to collect more of.

Colours can have association with things outside of music - whether that's religion (Orange in Ireland for example), nationality (Orange in the Netherlands for example) or even Sports teams (like Red and Blue in Liverpool, Manchester etc) or politics (Red, Blue Orange - which in the UK are the colours of Labour, the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats - I don't know which way the colours are associated with the Republicans and Democrats in the US).

Maybe for a lot of people, the colours have no association for them with anything. Its just a 'colour' and that's all it is. Maybe some have 'favourite' colours and are more attracted to those than others. For some though, colour can matter, can have great meaning - not always positive. Wearing Orange in the Catholic areas of Northern Ireland could be quite negative but in Amsterdam, not an issue at all. Wearing Red in Liverpool or Manchester could go down well with half the city but the other half are 'blue' and there is intense rivalry between the two halves. It can divide families too although its not often violent. Glasgow though can be depending on whether you wear 'blue' or green and white - obviously it makes even more of a difference if there is a football team badge on your top.

Colour can be associated both positively and negatively. Red may well show your allegiance to Liverpool FC, Boston Red Sox (I assume by name they are associated with 'red'), Labour political party which may well be seen as a negative to those who are more associated with different football teams, different baseball teams, different political parties etc. Point is that colour can have a LOT more meaning to some people by association - positively to some whilst being negative to others.

Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) frequently is seen with the badge and/or colours of his favourite Football team - West Ham. Its obvious those colours mean more to him than just being colours...

You can’t have seen my faded blue jean custom 24!!

Hmm, have they ever made a Semi-hollow Paul's guitar outside of PS?
Not that I can recall.

So let's start a rumor, and maybe it will come true:

Yes, it is in production now, ready for release in June. It will feature everything the current production Paul's guitar features, with a semi-hollow design, and an option for a piezo-equipped tremolo. The brushstroke birds will be old-style green abalone, and every color on the current core line will be offered.

Right?

That might actually make me order one on release...

I still have the one Paul's Guitar from the PS LTD run (2013) that has the infamous chaltecoco neck and all the ivory inlays and purfling. I have been approached from someone outside the country that appears to want to pay a relative premium price for it. But the more I play it, the less inclined I am to give it up. Just too good.

But perhaps I could make do with a lesser "WL" version with rosewood neck. I suppose it would suffice......

Not that I can recall.

So let's start a rumor, and maybe it will come true:

Yes, it is in production now, ready for release in June. It will feature everything the current production Paul's guitar features, with a semi-hollow design, and an option for a piezo-equipped tremolo. The brushstroke birds will be old-style green abalone, and every color on the current core line will be offered.

Right?

That might actually make me order one on release...
Since we're starting rumors:

I heard they're making a standard wood Vela Semi-Hollow after the success of the CE 24 SH and the RL models!

I believe in wishful thinking ;)

Since we're starting rumors:

I heard they're making a standard wood Vela Semi-Hollow after the success of the CE 24 SH and the RL models!

I believe in wishful thinking ;)

Hope so. The Vela is my favorite guitar right now, and after what I was getting sonically from my CE24 SH last night, those might be the only two guitars I'd ever need again (lol, right - but one can wish...)

Anyone with an honest evaluation?
Richard, did you think your thread would veer this far off topic? :rolleyes:
Ok, I'm partially responsible for the diversion so here is my attempt to get it back on track!:cool:

I can't tell you intelligent things like some above about where it is in th mix or make comparative comments to other pick-ups, tone etc. I'm just too inexperienced of a guitar player to do that. But I can tell you my personal experience in very simplistic terms. After I purchased my Paul's I just didn't want to pick up any of my other guitars. And I have a few nice ones, the usual suspects, a Gibson Les Paul, a Fender Strat, a Gibson ES-325, etc. Something indescribable about the way it feels that made me have to force myself to play the others. Of course, part of it is just that (to me) it is also just so damn gorgeous. Since purchasing the Paul's I've also acquired a HB and now it is these two that somewhat get equal duty. My poor Strat sits lonely in the corner and probably hasn't been picked up in 6 months.

I just don't think you can go wrong with the Paul's.

IMG_0971-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Back