Pauls Guitar

For your posts recently, I'm having trouble not responding snarky answers like: "Sorry, you should forget about this model, it's listed in the specs that it's only available to Redskins fans." You know, because it's Paul's guitar and it's Made In Maryland and the Redskins play in Landover MD, not too terribly far from Stevensville.

But seriously, I don't think they're available yet, or at least not in great quantities.

Didn't another team from Maryland win something this year. Oh and by the way if you guys ever want Romo, take him. Sure wish we had some RG3.

PRSh/Davy Knowles & PRSg

I watched this earlier today from my facebook feed - great demo. I'm really impressed with how articulate and cutting the tone of the bridge pickup is, without being too bright. I have to admit, I was skeptical at first... what was I thinking? :)

But I do wonder, with the evolution of the 408 pickup system from PS to the Sig Ltd to regular production, what's next? I predict this pickup system making its way to other new models - SC408 at EXP2013? That's my bet!

Last edited by a moderator:
"people started to scream" yeah that was us!

Mmm SC408 24.5" oh yeah!

I'd LOVE to see a 513 replacement with 3 x narrow 408s (as would others on here), even if it had (compromised) 513 switching...

Nice demo. Paul seemed very relaxed and at ease. Interesting on the genesis of the thinner treble pickup, the desire for a more compressed sound to fit into a certain register in a mix. I think that particular guitar is flat out gorgeous and to me is the epitome of what a great looking PRS looks like. Good stuff.

just got mine last week. LOVE everything about this guitar. So far ive been using the neck pickup tapped and the bridge pickup in humbucker mode most of the time but every combination sounds fantastic.

I got mine last week and I am loving it as well. What impressed me the most was that it has a great jazz sound for clean playing on the neck PU and the bridge pickup is definitely quite different than the wider 408 version. To my ear it seems to thin out more for a great clear tone good for country clean picking as well as rockin out. I also got the chance to see PRSH demo the guitar at Brian's Guitars in CT. I didnt buy it that day but I ended up it getting a couple of weeks later. PRSH compared it to his fancy ass Pernambucko necked one and I really couldn't tell the difference. Right now, I think the Paul's guitar is one of the best PRS deals out there right now. The only thing to add is that the paisley case that comes with this guitar is not the usual paisley that came with the MC models. It's more like a regular hard PRS case that has been covered in a lesser quality paisley material. It's still very nice just not over the top like the MC cases were. Over all I highly recommend it. I hope to see PRS come out with a trem version of this in a few more colors soon. I think that would open the door for me to consider getting another one. Here is PRSH demo comparing them:
IMG_0335_zps4ccadc79.jpg

Here is a close up of the latest addition to my addiction:
pg9_zps2471d8bb.png

Hey I just noticed Paul is wearing the same shirt in the video and the store tour. Reminds me of myself. I need some new cloths!

I have a Gibson Les Paul 60's unburst and a Fender American Performer Telecaster Vintage White to name just 2 other guitars in my collection. What I like about the PRS SE Pauls guitar is its versatility. The tones are great, not better or worse than my LP or starts, just different in a good way.

I took a chance and ordered it online without playing it, I thought if it sounds close to what I hear on some of the Youtube video demos out of the computer into my studio speakers I'll be happy. I'm very happy :)

Back