Paul's Guitar....

Students.....pay attention...this is an example of "Anthropomorphization" at its finest! :adore:

Well...

Just go to the guitar store, and they're hanging there, all bright-eyed, just waiting for someone to take them to a nice home where they'll get some love and a new set of strings. When you buy a guitar from a store, it's like rescuing a puppy from the pound. You feel good about it. The guitar wags its trem bar oh-so-happily. It can't lick you, but you can play licks on it.

Merriment and joy to both.

A special order guitar is even better - the stork (UPS) brings you the guitar, and it's made just for you, You open the case, and there it is, your newborn, opening its eyes for the first time to gaze on its proud parent. And you gaze back, lovingly. You can't wait to hear it "cry." And you have a wah wah for that very purpose!

Perish the thought of having to give it to the adoption agency (eBay)...imagine the heartbreak for both of you.

Well...

Just go to the guitar store, and they're hanging there, all bright-eyed, just waiting for someone to take them to a nice home where they'll get some love and a new set of strings. When you buy a guitar from a store, it's like rescuing a puppy from the pound. You feel good about it. The guitar wags its trem bar oh-so-happily. It can't lick you, but you can play licks on it.

Merriment and joy to both.

A special order guitar is even better - the stork (UPS) brings you the guitar, and it's made just for you, You open the case, and there it is, your newborn, opening its eyes for the first time to gaze on its proud parent. And you gaze back, lovingly. You can't wait to hear it "cry." And you have a wah wah for that very purpose!

Perish the thought of having to give it to the adoption agency (eBay)...imagine the heartbreak for both of you.

I am definitely missing out on this experience. My guitars only play when I stroke them the right way. Otherwise they remain silent and fail to express any emotions whatsoever.

Back