Paul's Guitar....

Here is a pic I took yesterday of PRSh with both his personal guitar from the ads along with a stock one off the wall at Brian's Guitars in CT.

He AB'ed the stock one with a killer strat and other single coil and P90 guitars and it sounded terrific through an old Fender Concert amp. He was showing off the single coil sounds of it which sounded really good.

image-6.jpg

Was lucky enough to meet "JAMIE" who designed these.. it all makes sense after that.

These are STUNNING !! IMHO

8542624136_e851bbc123_b.jpg

8542623802_2840b8111b_b.jpg

8541524943_3857329e11_b.jpg

Here ya go...

PGFBJ_zps4fd3f35e.jpg

Here's my 'Dirty Bird' FBJ Quilt Paul's Guitar...

Gonna shoot for a different kind of tone report once I get my new JVM-1H unboxed, and lay down some 'blistering' single watt tone (through about a million different speaker cabs I've got laying around)

Anybody else have one of the 50th Ann. heads, that they've enjoyed one speaker over another?

'Nuff said,

Shultzie

Thanks!

I've yet to post a picture of the 'dirty' mahogany - it's blue, but it sho' is dirty...

Shultzie

Here ya go...

PGFBJ_zps4fd3f35e.jpg

Here's my 'Dirty Bird' FBJ Quilt Paul's Guitar...

Gonna shoot for a different kind of tone report once I get my new JVM-1H unboxed, and lay down some 'blistering' single watt tone (through about a million different speaker cabs I've got laying around)

Anybody else have one of the 50th Ann. heads, that they've enjoyed one speaker over another?

'Nuff said,

Shultzie

Nice!!

I have all 5 Marshall 50th anniversary 1 watters, JTM, JMP, JCM and DSL in the head versions and the JVM in the combo. I have a JVM head on backorder. I play the combo through a separate cab like a head.

My JVM is the favorite of the bunch, killer medium to high gain tones at lower volumes at .1 watt, and a monster at higher volumes at 1 watt. I play it through a PRS 4x12 with Vintage 30's, and Marshall 1960V 4x12's with their version of the V30 in there, both sound great!!

Marshall+Stack+2.jpg

Marshall+6.jpg

Amps+11.jpg

WOW! I just played one! Totally blown away, best playing guitar ever! And it sounded so good. very mature and it just sang like angels from heaven. I'm going to have to do some trading!

WOW! I just played one! Totally blown away, best playing guitar ever! And it sounded so good. very mature and it just sang like angels from heaven. I'm going to have to do some trading!

Cool!

But I didn't need to hear that... ;)

More details needed....

More details needed....

Well, I live in a podunk town with a guitar center that rarely has PRS and a few other Fender outlet stores but one store in town carries a decent amount of PRS guitars. They usually only order Custom24's but for some reason they got in Paul's guitar. While it was extremely attractive i didn't think I'd like the pickups, boy was I wrong. The one they have is yellow tiger and it's so sweet. I've had a difficult time finding any time to actually sit and play recently so when I picked it up I was expecting to stumble on it but I flew. I was doing runs at speeds that I rarely can do when I am playing a lot so the neck just called to me, but really the tone was what got me. So smooth and rounded with tons of sustain. I was not expecting that with those pickups.

Gonna up tomorrow to do some trading, I doubt I'll end up with it, but hey, why not try??

Here's mine that finally came home to roost yesterday :) (Colour is Copper)

BDO2-4.jpg

I'm not really a "bird" guy in the first place, but the brushstroke birds are really growing on me.

I'm not really a "bird" guy in the first place, but the brushstroke birds are really growing on me.

I must admit I too was not sure about the brush birds when I first saw them in photos. But in real life I'm sold on them. A really nice artistic take on the bird theme.

LMAO!!!

Of course, you could simply go to a store and play one, thereby sampling it. They'd probably let you play it for hours if you needed to. You could probably even get PRS to hand you one when you go there to pick out the next private stock, and ask to spend a few hours with one so you could decide if you like the pickups.

But there will be an NGD post.

You know it, I know it, and the American People know it. The post will have pics, and be complimentary, but somewhere in that post the Seed Of The Rationalization will be sown.

Maybe, as you say, it will be scale length. Maybe the headstock. Maybe the artist grade dirty top is too dirty. But within a few days, the guitar will be Moved. It will be Gone, Vamoosed, Outta there. It will not really be given a chance. It will be unappreciated. "I really like it for playing X style, but I'm not sure about the scale length." Or, "This one's going to be my travel guitar when I go to Canada for gigs (this one is the fastest kiss of doom)."

No, it will not hang on the Wall of Doom for more than a few days. poor thing (I call it the Wall of Doom because a guitar hanging there is ultimately doomed to be cast aside like the wife who stayed with her man only to later find a trophy wife on his arm when she no longer looks the part).

Yes, it's a sad day when the poor guitar finds out your plans, as you lay it in its case, its little heart broken, its dreams dashed on the rocks, to travel to some far flung destination. I hope you feel very, very guilty. ;)

Yes, it's a sad day when the poor guitar finds out your plans, as you lay it in its case, its little heart broken, its dreams dashed on the rocks, to travel to some far flung destination.

Students.....pay attention...this is an example of "Anthropomorphization" at its finest! :adore:

Back