Paul's Guitar Wiring Question

Slinkeh

Hi all, I am trying to recreate the wiring on Paul's guitar with the two mini toggle switches for coil split. I've noticed that there seems to be two wiring diagrams, one for 'Paul's Guitar' and the other is 'SE Paul's Guitar'.

The main difference I can see are:

1. The humbucker wiring to the mini toggle switches and 3 way toggle.
2. Extra 820K resistor on the SE.

Does anyone know which diagram I should be following for my rewire? And is there a PRS humbucker colour code guide?

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully some more knowledgable people will answer this better, but if I understand correctly, the SE diagram is removing one coil from the signal with the mini toggles up, and the Core diagram is removing a portion of one coil, but not entirely (or removing a coil and adding additional winds from the remaining coil). My guess is that unless you have Core Paul's Guitar or 408 pickups, you will be using the SE diagram.

Bumping this. Does anybody know the color coding for the Paul’s se guitar? I’m seriously thinking of adding another but pickup swapping the second to sound different.
Paul’s SE wiring diagram
I see the diagram but I am curious to know what the colors wires going to the mini switches are. I’m thinking of using bareknuckles that have 4 wires.

Last edited:
Back