Paul's 85!

Interestingly some of these PS runs only have Paul’s hand signature behind the headstock, and not with Paul Mile’s signature alongside as with any private stock guitar.

Examples include the Collection Series, Paul’s 28 and now this run of Paul’s 85.

I wonder why is that, and what’s the rationale?

Interestingly some of these PS runs only have Paul’s hand signature behind the headstock, and not with Paul Mile’s signature alongside as with any private stock guitar.

Examples include the Collection Series, Paul’s 28 and now this run of Paul’s 85.

I wonder why is that, and what’s the rationale?

Just to mess with our heads?

Anybody else order one of these? I ordered the one Ish is getting today. Super excited. I love my Graveyard 594 and when they said it also had vintage nitro finish I was sold. The Paul's Guitar is one of my favorite models to begin with. I guess I'm gonna be selling my Special Semihollow and my Ted McCarty to help justify the expense.

Congrats!

It's a beautiful batch with perfect looking top and color.
The pricing bugs me a bit personally compared to a base specs Private Stock Paul's Guitar with identical specs.
However:
  • I'm told the curly maple tops on this run is definitely no joke, with off the charts chatoyance. Anyone who has seen or owns a Graveyard I knows how incredible that batch of tops looked, I was skeptical until I saw couple in person in Tokyo.
  • It's also available now/soon rather than in 12-18months, that makes a $13k 'impulse'/dream purchase all that much easier.

Congrats!

It's a beautiful batch with perfect looking top and color.
The pricing bugs me a bit personally compared to a base specs Private Stock Paul's Guitar with identical specs.
However:
  • I'm told the curly maple tops on this run is definitely no joke, with off the charts chatoyance. Anyone who has seen or owns a Graveyard I knows how incredible that batch of tops looked, I was skeptical until I saw couple in person in Tokyo.
  • It's also available now/soon rather than in 12-18months, that makes a $13k 'impulse'/dream purchase all that much easier.

Yeah the top on my Graveyard is insane. I have owned a lot of PRSes and other guitars and none look like the Graveyard's top. It really does look like it's glowing from inside in low light. Check this out:

PEpW5EG.jpg

The other thing that appealed to me over just ordering a custom private stock PG was that being part of a limited run, I think it's more likely to hold value than a custom spec'd one off. And it's exactly what I would have ordered anyway.

Anybody else order one of these? I ordered the one Ish is getting today. Super excited. I love my Graveyard 594 and when they said it also had vintage nitro finish I was sold. The Paul's Guitar is one of my favorite models to begin with. I guess I'm gonna be selling my Special Semihollow and my Ted McCarty to help justify the expense.
“Interesting” thread on that other forum on these, eh? Congratulations!

I love the finish on these and I’m sure all of the tops are going to be great. I’ve thought about selling all my PRS for one private stock but I like the variety I have over having just one guitar. The thread on the “other” forum on these is just ridiculous. I’ve never seen a hobby that has an “acceptable” price range to pay, and if you pay over that you must not be a real player, give me a break.

Back