Paul Reed Smith 7 Strings!

themike

So back on BAM some of you may remember our 7-string thread, so I figured why not try to migrate it here with the new faces from other forums!

The point of this thread is basically to show that there is interest in a production Maryland made 7 string (even just a limited run to test the waters). They come with the stigma that they are for kids trying to play Korn songs, but nowadays that is far from the truth. People like Emil Werstler, Clint Lowery, Mike Mushok and Dave Weiner have been using seven strings as writing tools to create a full sound only available with that low B!

Over on Sevenstring.Org (a very large guitar community specializing in 6,7,8 and extended range instruments), you will see that hundreds of people are financing guitars through private luthiers (Vik, Damoness, Bernie Rico Jr., Strictly7, Blackmachine etc) to build them 7 strings for $3k-$6k when the fact of the matter is a majority of them would prefer a production PRS 7 over a custom built guitar!

Lets start it off with Emil Werstler's Whitewash 7!

img959717.jpg

img959434.jpg

img953307.jpg

That's a very cool guitar. Do you have pics of Dave Wiener's fade?

And, good luck with your online petition. :)

OsirisProtocol said:
It's only fitting that my first post as a BAM survivor goes here to support our seven string cause.

Haha yes! Glad you made the migration buddy :lol:

Spikedog007 said:
That's a very cool guitar. Do you have pics of Dave Wiener's fade?

And, good luck with your online petition. :)

Ha thanks although I know for a fact Paul is well aware of the 7 string demand :lol:

61828_434102166805_515426805_5578309_4148485_n.jpg

61828_434102161805_515426805_5578308_4096555_n.jpg

I would LOVE a PRS 7. I currently have an ESP horizon 7 for my seven string needs....but it just isn't built like my PRS's....can't even touch them. I know there are lots of private luthiers building great 7's...but if I was going to shell out custom shop cash...I would want the classy look I get from my PRS's.

From what I have seen...PRS is a pretty forward thinking company. If the demand is there, I bet we will see a 7 in the future. I mean, look at the new artist packages: how many times have we heard people wanting fretboard and neck wood options...something between private stock and production?

Zilmo said:
2Tek 7 String Bridge

Something tells me that those are going to be big this year, Mike! A lot of people having custom 7's built are using Hipshot bridges which while cool, don't even compare to a 2Tek :twisted:

VHTStark said:
I would LOVE a PRS 7. I currently have an ESP horizon 7 for my seven string needs....but it just isn't built like my PRS's....can't even touch them. I know there are lots of private luthiers building great 7's...but if I was going to shell out custom shop cash...I would want the classy look I get from my PRS's.

From what I have seen...PRS is a pretty forward thinking company. If the demand is there, I bet we will see a 7 in the future. I mean, look at the new artist packages: how many times have we heard people wanting fretboard and neck wood options...something between private stock and production?

Thats always been the sunlight peeking through the clouds - PRS listens to their fans and also isn't affraid of experimenting. Like any company though, risks have to be handled carefully so I dont blame them for being cautious, I just want em' to know we're here when they are ready :!:

I don't have any new content for this thread, but I'd buy a USA made PRS 7 string any day! My Schecter Blackjack C-7 is nice, but its not PRS-nice...

Back