Paul..... Please bring back the CE22 & CE24! Who's with me on this?

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread...especially since the CE24 is back. But, my tastes regarding the headstock remain. I've seen a few newer CE24's with black head stocks. Can anyone provide a little info on why the majority of the new CE24's have natural headstocks, but others have black headstocks? I'd be all over a Tampas Green CE24 with a black headstock.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread...especially since the CE24 is back. But, my tastes regarding the headstock remain. I've seen a few newer CE24's with black head stocks. Can anyone provide a little info on why the majority of the new CE24's have natural headstocks, but others have black headstocks? I'd be all over a Tampas Green CE24 with a black headstock.

Black headstocks seem to be reserved for limited dealer runs.

While we have this thread back. Anyone know why th CE's don't have a carve around the knobs anymore?

While we have this thread back. Anyone know why th CE's don't have a carve around the knobs anymore?

I'm sure it's cost cutting - as well as creating a perceived difference between these and the top of the line models

I'm sure it's cost cutting - as well as creating a perceived difference between these and the top of the line models

The new version has a shallower top carve, so the recesses aren't necessary.

I'm sure cost is a driver, but it also gives the guitar a sleeker feel.

The new version has a shallower top carve, so the recesses aren't necessary.

I'm sure cost is a driver, but it also gives the guitar a sleeker feel.

It also makes it more comfortable in my opinion.

Back