Paul..... Please bring back the CE22 & CE24! Who's with me on this?

Adam O.

http://

Who else is with me on this one? I really wish they'd bring back the CE series to the core line. They're amazing guitars, and there's just something about a bolt-on maple neck. I say bring them back with 57/08's, 59/09's, or 53/10's and an option either a 3-way with a push/pull or a 5-way blade. An option for either a maple or rosewood fretboard would be awesome too, but hey...... beggars can't be choosers, lol. Above is a shot of my newest CE24, and the newest addition to my PRS family in general.

Mind if I throw out a crazy suggestion and possibly consider a CE22/Swamp Ash Special hybrid? Bolt on neck with a rosewood fretboard, swamp ash body and two humbuckers with a coil split?

I agree! The CE are amazing guitars. I prefer them above my McCarty and my 20th Anniversary.

I am in as well :)

.... and, so much this:
Mind if I throw out a crazy suggestion and possibly consider a CE22/Swamp Ash Special hybrid? Bolt on neck with a rosewood fretboard, swamp ash body and two humbuckers with a coil split?

I'm always on the lookout for a deal on a CE or SAS, so this suggestion is right down my alley. Except I want an all-maple neck. because I'm difficult that way. (Offer it as an option, as suggested in the OP...)

+1, even a set neck version of this would be bangin.

Ce22 is still one of my favorite models. I'd love to see these brought back with 59/09's or Dragon I's

I hate to sound like a broken record but I started using this OLD peavey cab that I loaded with celestion speakers about 3 months ago. The 5150 head, this cab and my beat up ce22 with dragon 1s has earned me more tone compliments in this last 3 months than I have had in my last 30 years of playing live.

I am in love with this set up. I really look forward to gigs and it has really boosted my level of performance simply because I just LOVE the way it sounds. The CE 22 is a very good guitar and I take it to every show no matter what. All my PRS guitars sound good through this rig but the CE22 just shines.

I scored another old peavey cab just like the one I'm using now. What luck! I'm loading it with the same celestion speakers and will use it this weekend, I can't wait. I'm also thinking about selling both 5150 cabs as I may never play them again.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the CEs. But Paul said they dropped them because they weren't selling. There are plenty on the used market, so I'm all for PRS making whatever folks will buy, so they can stay in business.

It sure would be nice to be able to spec a CE Artist without going Private Stock though...

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the CEs. But Paul said they dropped them because they weren't selling. There are plenty on the used market, so I'm all for PRS making whatever folks will buy, so they can stay in business.

It sure would be nice to be able to spec a CE Artist without going Private Stock though...

Yeah good points. But PRS have been doing some limited runs in the last couple of years, for example the Experience Singlecut Trem (was it 2012? 2013?). A limited run of CEs would be very cool and not a crazy business risk either, I'd think.

Yeah good points. But PRS have been doing some limited runs in the last couple of years, for example the Experience Singlecut Trem (was it 2012? 2013?). A limited run of CEs would be very cool and not a crazy business risk either, I'd think.

I feel the same way..... I'd be in. I'm sure they'd all sell within a week, lol.

Yeah, I loved the CE's but HATED the natural headstock that they had on the last couple of production years. I'd be all for the CE's returning, but with the black headstock.

I have a soft spot for CE'S. They were my introduction to PRS over 20 years ago by way of one of my biggest guitar heros...who happens to play in this little band from Canada. :)

Last edited:
Back