Paul Interview

That’s why my PS has a Honduran rosewood neck. Paul did that demo at Experience and I never forgot it, so I tapped the blanks in the vault, and the HRW rang better than anything.
A dealer commented that a PS guitar I bought from him was literally the best he’d personally ever come across. Pinch of salt or no, this guitar happens to have a Honduran RW neck too. What do you know!

It seemed like Paul was irritated from the beginning. Can’t imagine the stress he has at the moment…

It seemed like Paul was irritated from the beginning. Can’t imagine the stress he has at the moment…
It has been fun for me seeing the "Two Paul's" in interviews. When he is talking to John, McLaughlin or Carlos Santana or other artists, he is like a puppy dog in both his mannerisms and questions/responses. But others (like this interviewer) are met with a shark who patrols the waters of their words and logic, and if you swim the wrong way in that conversation, he will attack! Not saying this is bad, I know I do it myself and we all speak differently with various individuals, just saying it is fun to see the different patterns of the "Two Paul's" I have seen.

It has been fun for me seeing the "Two Paul's" in interviews. When he is talking to John, McLaughlin or Carlos Santana or other artists, he is like a puppy dog in both his mannerisms and questions/responses. But others (like this interviewer) are met with a shark who patrols the waters of their words and logic, and if you swim the wrong way in that conversation, he will attack! Not saying this is bad, I know I do it myself and we all speak differently with various individuals, just saying it is fun to see the different patterns of the "Two Paul's" I have seen.

Yep he was like this when the did the “Dipped in Tone” thing with Rhett.

Paul can be quite abrasive in his manner, I don’t think it’s meant with any harm intended.

I have found that one true test of a person's character is how they treat their social inferiors.

Back