Paul’s Guitar - The Ultimate PRS?

My "ultimate" PRS is my CU24 piezo. I'd consider upgrading if they produced a core CU24-08 piezo with 35th anniversary switching. PS prices aren't in the budget in the foreseeable future (not without selling several others anyway).

Which model is the "Ultimate PRS"? That's for you to decide. But I can tell you, we are building the best guitars we've ever made, right now.
I love it when guitars ring out with an inherently woody “nasal” tone. Typically you can hear it when they’re played acoustically.

Just to share, I’m hearing that from many of my PRS and it’s great! I think that’s the mark of a good guitar. Case in point this guitar that used to be Paul’s personal prototype (for the TCI Paul’s). That woody tone is really pronounced!
2PdOcct.jpg

So I totally agree, PRS guitars are the best they’ve ever been!

When I mentioned “Ultimate”, I meant it tongue in cheek of course, in honor of Paul. Actually the individual guitar is more important to me than the model. If it’s a good guitar, it’s a good guitar regardless of the model.

Last edited:
I love it when guitars ring out with an inherently woody “nasal” tone. Typically you can hear it when they’re played acoustically.

Just to share, I’m hearing that from many of my PRS and it’s great! I think that’s the mark of a good guitar. Case in point this guitar that used to be Paul’s personal prototype (for the TCI Paul’s). That woody tone is really pronounced!
2PdOcct.jpg

So I totally agree, PRS guitars are the best they’ve ever been!

When I mentioned “Ultimate”, I meant it tongue in cheek of course, in honor of Paul. Actually the individual guitar is more important to me than the model. If it’s a good guitar, it’s a good guitar regardless of the model.
Well said!

Which model is the "Ultimate PRS"? That's for you to decide. But I can tell you, we are building the best guitars we've ever made, right now.
My two newest PRS’s really are my favorites not because they’re new but because the TCI pup’s are unbelievable and the switching of the MEV provides a huge pallet of tone. I’m afraid to try the other familiar models with their respective TCI pups, I’ll end up taking more home. I’m sure they’ve improved immensely, the 24-08 switching is so logical and as @goat-n-glitter said adding the piezo feature would be an awesome improvement. I’ll will say.... the West St Limited is still in a league of its own. No improvements needed.

zk0Vnt2.jpg

My two newest PRS’s really are my favorites not because they’re new but because the TCI pup’s are unbelievable and the switching of the MEV provides a huge pallet of tone. I’m afraid to try the other familiar models with their respective TCI pups, I’ll end up taking more home. I’m sure they’ve improved immensely, the 24-08 switching is so logical and as @goat-n-glitter said adding the piezo feature would be an awesome improvement. I’ll will say.... the West St Limited is still in a league of its own. No improvements needed.

zk0Vnt2.jpg

Hotties!

zk0Vnt2.jpg
As great and beautiful as your MEV is, I’m still captivated by that experience Paul’s. Could be the color or the 1 piece top, there’s something about it!!

Back